BB's and yardbird w/ pecan for moms day w/qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crewcab4x4

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Edison , OH
Got three racks of BB's and a yardbird on the smoker for mothers day.
I'm trying pecan for the first time today. I traded some cherry with pyre. Can't wait to try the results. Tried to get a picture of the TBS! Tough to do!

2483026063_a4009a67c8.jpg

Here's the BB's all rubbed down and ready for the smoker. The yardbird is already on.

2483034391_aea07e22a7.jpg

I'll post more pics later as the smoke progresses.

Jason

Got a pic just before foiling. Just about ready to pull the BB's from the foil and the baked beans have been on for 1 1/2 hrs. Doing the 3-2-1 method on the ribs. The yardbird will stay foiled till the end.

Jason

2484417372_755dc1da0e.jpg

Heres the BB ribs after coming off the smoker. They were so tender I had a hard time keeping them together. The pecan wood was great I mixed in some cherry to. I could tell the difference between the pecan and hickory. The pecan was very good. I probably have enough left for 1 more good smoke, Then it will be back to hickory I really like hickory too.

2485033672_0f10b02ec8.jpg

The yard bird after I cut it up. Very tasty!! Also had smoked baked beans, corn on the cob,pasta salad, and chocolate cake for desert. Everyone stuffed themselves.

2484223705_eb3f73a66b.jpg

Thanks for all the comments.
Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky