BBR x3

Discussion in 'Pork' started by irishteabear, Jan 31, 2010.

1. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Took the kids shopping with me friday to BJs. Guess they were hungry, lol. Picked up a package of bb, some brats and some kielbasa.

One rack was rubbed with a wet paste of evoo, rosemary, garlic, lemon, salt and cbp. The next one was rubbed w/evoo and Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning. The last rack was rubbed w/evoo and my rub.

Ribs went in first. Using a mix of oak with a little bit of hickory. Smoking at 225-250 today.

Brats, kielbasa and a couple links of SBC sausage will go in later.

2. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I can't wait to see the finished product and hear how you like your three different rubs. Let us know how they turn out.

3. jaxgatorz

jaxgatorz Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks like a great start Dawn !! When should i arrive for dinnah ( as we call it down here).??[​IMG]

4. irishteabear

Thanks. Better start now Mike, lol.

5. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks like a great start!!!!!!!

6. denver dave

denver dave Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I will be waiting for the finished product pictures. I like the looks of your rub the best. Now, where exactly do I go to get a taste?????

7. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looking good there Dawn.

8. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks Great, a Trifecta [​IMG]

9. irishteabear

I give up. These people I live with are a pita. The kids didn't like any of the ribs. Hubby said the ribs with the rosemary/garlic reminded him too much of a pork roast instead of ribs, the Mrs. Dash one didn't have enough seasoning, but my rub ones were good. I tend to agree with him for once.

I will do the rosemary/garlic again, just not use as much. The opposite will go for the Mrs. Dash. I'll try that one again, just use a lot more next time.

10. Sorry to hear that. I can come eat them next time because they look pretty good.

11. old poi dog

old poi dog Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]The ribs look great from here. I wish I had some right now. I will take a hint from you. Next time I pick up a three pack of ribs I will try one with just salt and peppa...just to have a different taste.