bbq pimaster favorite

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think if you watch a later show you wouldn't view it the same. Things (Myron's attitude) seemed to have tamed down considerably from the first couple of episodes.

I watch it just because I may pick up a hint or two along the way.

Something that caught me off guard was tuffy being excited about fresh cut peach wood. What happend to using seasoned firewood?

Myron can kiss my rosey red. But I do like Johnny Tigg and he is like a grand dad. I did like it when he helped out Paul like that. Now for the chick she's alright but I don't care for her getting rid of the help thou. I saw her against Bobby Flay and she almost got beat too. But I'm getting to like the show a little more now that myron has shut his mouth some. The more the better for me.

I like Johnny Trigg the most. He never lets anything get to him, well execpt drunks. Myron puts on a good show but I tuink he is nice in real life.

David

I don't know, I kind of like the Wood Chick. She's in a male-dominated world, competing right along side of them. When she laid into her ex, that's because he was supposed to monitor the pit, and completely crapped the bed on it. I'd be mad too. LOL

That aside, Myron's growing on me a bit. I hated him at first, but the more I watch, the more I've started liking him. I loved it when he had to kiss that pig.

Did anyone notice that the Wood Chicks trailer was there but they were not showing LeeAnn or her cooking or her results. She wasn't on the show at all but she was there. Hmmm... What's up with that?

Maybe she bi**hed at the camera crew like everyone else, so they cut her out
icon_lol.gif

My favorite is Harry Soo. I heard him in the background of the award cerimony but he wasn't on the show either. He seems like a great guy and he is funny. I want to see slap yo daddy win one!

Gotta love Trigg...and Tuffy is ok, but his super-analytical approach kinda annoys me! I mean, it's BBQ - not NASA...notes are one thing, super-anal spreadsheets are another...just my opinion. Whatever works!

Also, I've heard about people using FRESH cut wood before. The fresh sap in the wood flavors the meat more than the dried up sap in seasoned wood, but you have almost NO room for error using fresh cut wood. From what I've been told - you can go from a reasonably smoked product,
to meat that tastes like railroad ties in a span of 30 minutes of so!
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

Also, the fact that he was using one of Myron's water cookers might have had an effect also...I don't know for sure. (Like maybe it tones down the smoke a little?)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky