BBQ Contest (TOO Exspensive?)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

show me smoke

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
gardner ks
My question is> Have BBQ contests gotten too expensive for common guy to compete in?  When I started in KCBS venues i was paying about 100 buck to enter...a expensive one was 150.  Today a cheap one is 150 bucks and most are 200 plus.  With the cost of meat and everything else it has really put a damper on my enthusiasm to compete.  It seems that the small guy is getting squeezed out and soon it will be only the full time pros that will be left.

Hmmmm, much like golf now. Another thing I can't afford but I understand a round, after all is said and done, is around 100+. I can understand the frustration.....everything is going sky high. I saw a pit Masters episode and one of the gals competing mentioned she spent like $400 on the meats alone......Willie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky