Barbeque on a Weber Q 220? Is it possible?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leorousseau

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
New Bedford, MA
I'm looking into getting a Weber Q 220 for camping and I'm curious if you can keep a really low flame on this grill. I'm looking to barbeque at lets say 225-260. Is this gonna be possible on the Weber Q 220?

Thanks,
Leo

IMHO it would be tough to do this well. Yes techincally you can do it.

You may have to modify it some how to maintain a lower temp and set up some sort of means of smoking the chips.

This would be a less than ideal situation

You are not gonna believe this but we happened to be shopping at Shaw's and went down the isle where they have a couple tacky lights and some outdoor candles, etc. Well, wouldn't you know, they had a Weber Q 200 marked $199 with a 50% off sticker on it. I am the proud owner of a Weber Q 200 for $104.99! No room for a single complaint.

Why don't you post a pic of your Weber so we know what your talking about!
cool.gif

Oh I saw one of those somewhere - their cute. Sorry I didn't post but I didn't know what your were talking about before.

As small as it is I'd think it would be very hard to get the temps down low. Maybe if you changed the needle valve? But even still ... I think i'd be tough.

Even if you just add some chips you'll still get some smoke flavor.

Leorousseau, Any luck with smoking on a q220? I have the same bbq and want to try it out. I know it will be fiddley, but am keen to try. Lt me know if you've any advice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky