badazz burgers

Discussion in 'Beef' started by gypsyseagod, Jun 16, 2007.

1. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

easy as 1,2,28... next time ya do a brisket- save/freeze the grease/au jus- baste upon a burger ,brat, or meatloaf.... it is mui bueno.

2. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

also great sprinkled on home fries w/ a shake of tony cacherie's or eriril's or just plain(old southern trick- add 1 tsp season salt,2 tbsp cayenne,1 tsp garlic(smoked & pwdrd),1/8tsp thyme, & 1/4 tsp white pepper.

3. What do you mean by "save the grease?" Are you talking about what falls down into the water basin? That doesn't sound so tasty to me.

4. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Isn't that why lard is so good. [​IMG]

5. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

I think he means from the tin foil wrap - it makes lots of juice and grease.

6. smoked

smoked Master of the Pit OTBS Member

if done correctly, the juices in the water basin are used for a "au jus" and is full of flavor. if done incorrectly then it's just crap to throw at the neighbors irritating kid!!!! [​IMG]

7. swkegelguy

swkegelguy Fire Starter

I normally have a water pan under my Brisket when smoking one. Or I will put my Beans under it to catch all the wonderful drippings.

DG

8. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Guess that would work really well if you smoke all one thing. We do have a nice clean and foiled pan to catch the drips.

I wonder what pork, beef, turkey and Fatty Au Jus tastes like?

I may have to put separate pans in my pan and try this.

Smoked you ever try it?