Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fished

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Cedar Park, Texas. 78613
This is the bacon I made using Bear's TQ method. I'm going to try some this weekend. I smoked in on my Weber Kettle because my MES40 isn't working. I used cherry and oak pellets, with about 8 hours smoke maintaining the grill temperature about 100 degrees.
View attachment 428756
Getting ready to cure, the bacon was cut in half.
View attachment 428757
This is after the 13 day cure, I added pepper, onion and garlic powder, then let is sit in the fridge for two days.
View attachment 428758
This is after the smoking was complete.
View attachment 428759
Two more days in the fridge ready for slicing.
View attachment 428760
All sliced up, about 9 pounds of bacon.
View attachment 428761
All sealed up. 17 packs with 12 pieces each and two bags of ends for beans.

Thanks

Reactions: kruizer
IMG_0222.jpg IMG_0223.jpg IMG_0225.jpg IMG_0227.jpg IMG_0228.jpg IMG_0229.jpg

Looks to be pretty darned good fished, nice piece of work! I like to slice the maple-honey bacon I make real thick, eight pieces make about a pound. If you cook bacon , thick sliced, on the top rack of a 400º oven it'll stay straight and not get all curled up. Like, RAY
DSCN0870.JPG

Looks to be pretty darned good fished, nice piece of work! I like to slice the maple-honey bacon I make real thick, eight pieces make about a pound. If you cook bacon , thick sliced, on the top rack of a 400º oven it'll stay straight and not get all curled up. Like, RAYView attachment 428771

Funny you say this. I just use my normal thickness. I get 12 pieces to a lb.

That bacon looks great! I'm attempting bacon for the first time this weekend, been curing for about 8 days now using Bear's method also. Tomorrow morning it goes into the MES, hoping it turns out as good as yours looks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky