Bacon ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yall thought I forgot ya didn't ya? Well had some losses to deal with the last couple a weeks and so I have been slow. But let me show you some pictures.

IMG_8571.JPG

Removed from the brine and dried in the reefer for 3 days. then into the smoker. Apple and Corn Cob, my favorite. I have got to find somewhere to get better bellies. Those ate so thin I was ashamed to make bacon with 'em.

IMG_8585.JPG

After the first 6 hours, a little color. You can see where the A-MAZ-N oval was right under that piece of sow belly (bottom right). I cut the skin off then back in the reefer for two more days.

IMG_8595.JPG

Now another 6 hours making that pretty color on both sides (were we cut the skin off too). I have walked around all day smelling my hands....LOL

IMG_8598.JPG

I lost dome sow belly due to personal problems. I had a large piece put aside for burnt ends, a large piece for pancetta, and one for cracklin's....... <sighs> All spoiled.

Sorry for taking so long, couldn't be helped. Thank for looking in.

Reactions: Rings Я Us
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky