Baby Backs On My Weber (Gas)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Yes you can.
IMG_0769.jpg

I did not foil these. My temp was pretty steady at 225-250.
IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

Ribs look great! I'm assuming since they aren't quite FOTB you took it to 195ish or so how long did it take? I haven't done ribs on a gas grill in years

I was thinking about trying a slab out on my Spirit II 310. I did a fattie a couple weeks ago on it, and it ran a steady 240-250 with how I had it set up. But that was setting the meat on the far side and only running the opposite side burner. A full rack would be to long to use that setup. Might play around with it this weekend.

Ribs look great! I'm assuming since they aren't quite FOTB you took it to 195ish or so how long did it take? I haven't done ribs on a gas grill in years

Took a couple hours as i keep checking and it takes longer. Have to make something that my wife will eat, this breast cancer has really messed her eating up. not really a big fan of fotb ribs, they are mushy to me.

Reactions: chopsaw
Took a couple hours as i keep checking and it takes longer. Have to make something that my wife will eat, this breast cancer has really messed her eating up. not really a big fan of fotb ribs, they are mushy to me.
Best wishes to your wife and good luck with her treatment. I know exactly what you mean about going with what she'll eat. And good luck to you too.

Looks great . Some of the best ribs I've done came off a Genesis 310 . No wrap , cook temp 325 . Not FOB either . Nice work ,, hang in there .

Thanks everyone.
She is eating but not like she used too. Doc says she is doing good. I did cut all her hair off :emoji_disappointed: She said better than having it fall out all over. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Rick, them ribs look tasty... sounds like the wife enjoyed them. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for your Mrs.

Same trouble with my wife, has to melt in your mouth. Right seasonings and they are pretty darn good

Those look great, I agree with the FOTB I prefer some chew and a bit of tug, all the vultures at home like the FOTB. Definite like for me..
Congrats on the carousel ride.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky