Baby back rib technique

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BigPapa559

Original poster
Jun 5, 2023
I’ve been watching the mad scientist bbq channels and I really like his video on home style ribs. Home style ribs video . Would I need to adjust temps for baby back ribs? Has anyone tried it?

Well, if the video features spare ribs... yes, you need to change up the method because baby back ribs come from "high on the hog", meaning they are naturally tender, don't weigh as much, and are leaner than spare ribs. Because of this, they are easier to cook, and take less time than spares.

Think of BB ribs as the prime ribs of pork... and actually, they are attached to the pork loin, and when you eat a rib chop, the BB rib is that same rib bone (just like a bone-in ribeye from a beef is cut from the prime rib section of the steer).

Here is a link to a method, that is now about 30 years old and even though it's a 'tried and true' technique, you can add some personal touches.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky