Baby back foil question

Discussion in 'Pork' started by knifebld, Apr 18, 2014.

1. knifebld

knifebld Smoking Fanatic

Hey everyone,

Preparing some baby back ribs for tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for what to put in the foil on the second step?

I read some put only apple juice but was wondering about other option or if some had some special recipes.

Cheers.

2. bosox20

bosox20 Smoke Blower

Pa
    I usually use apple juice and Also sprinkle ribs with brown sugar and top them off with honey. Then wrap tightly in foil. Good luck !!

3. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I know it's odd sounding but I've had good results with the Johnny Trigg method of foiling with honey, brown sugar, Tiger Sauce and Parkay liquid margarine squirted in there.....Willie

4. If your looking for something different I have put canned pears and their juices in mine before. I have also done sliced apples and apple juice.

5. knifebld

knifebld Smoking Fanatic

Great thanks guys, will let you know how they turned out in a few days!

6. lemans

lemans Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Try a can of coke!!!

7. knifebld

knifebld Smoking Fanatic

See thats why I love this place, got enough answers to try something new for my next 5 rib smokes! Cheers mates. :yahoo:

8. I ususally do apple juice. I have also used a mix of apple and orange juice before. Sounds strange but it came out pretty tasty. Once in a while I will also use pineapple juice for a different flavor.

I have also done the honey and butter with the apple juice as well. I guess there are lots of things you can try. Somebody suggested cherry juice to me once but I have not tried that yet.

9. I'm a simple guy with simple tastes...a 50/50 mix of apple juice and apple cider vinegar always works for me... ; ' )

10. knifebld

knifebld Smoking Fanatic

Thanks for all the help guys. Juice turned out very nice, made a mix of apple juice, butter, honey and brown sugar...very tasty! ;)

11. congrats on the tasty ribs . I made some yesterday and used apple chips . sold on apple chips now for ribs

12. wickerdave

wickerdave Newbie

Apple juice, grape juice or coke, don't wrap the ribs tightly, tent them so the steam can circulate

13. berbbq

berbbq Newbie

This!!  Sweet/with tiny bit of heat can't be beat.

14. little smokey

little smokey Smoking Fanatic

Been happy with brown sugar, honey, butter, and Jeffs rub lately.