Another Reuben

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nlife

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 16, 2023
I had seen Steve H Steve H 's post on the Ruben I figured it was time for me to make one as well. Love me a Ruben sammich! Was even able to find an unsliced loaf of rye bread at the bakery so I could cut to the thickness I wanted. I'm pretty tired of the dry, paper thin slices you get most of the time. This is a substantial sandwich and needs thicker bread!

All the usual suspects are in this one. Smoked meat- sliced so thin it only had one side - piled high, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, thousand island dressing topped with horseradish. Since I was splitting this with my wife, I had to put the dijon on the side...

I had to break out the 12 CI to lightly toast the rye bread on this one. Two slices side by side, just fit. Once toasted, I dropped two slices of swiss on one side, piled the warmed up sauerkraut on top, stacked the meat and sauced the other slice.

20231231_124507.jpg

Assembled and cut in half, waiting for my wife to pick which one she wanted...

20231231_124614.jpg

Of course, what's a Reuben without the mustard!?

20231231_124818.jpg

Only thing missing is the pickle!

Man I don’t know….the wife might have Had to eat PB&J. I don’t know that I could share that good looking sammich!

Jim
My wife weighs half as much as me, so I always cut her serving smaller.

I made Rubens last week, and I'll be damned if she didn't try to take the bigger serving, I put a stop to that, and quick.

Not really, I just made another whole sandwich for myself, it was a win, win, situation. Reuben's are one of my favorite parts of Paddy's day.
:emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky