Another Pork Butt today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
New plan .... Took the double wrapped pork, then wrapped it in a name brand trash bag then tucked that bag into a Dillons Bag ..

want to contain any leaked juice

Then I pulled out a quilt .... Hand made mind you by my ex wife, give her another chance to tend to my meat ... wrapped the meat in the quilt then into a cooler

Last edited:
Lunch?

Even you go to work at 0500 and lunch is at 0900, that is way too long to sit in a cooler.
4-6 hours sure it'll hold, maybe even 8 hours, but that is really pushing it without monitoring.

Maybe if the cooler had been preheated with very hot water or heat packs.
And if you had more meat in with it for more heat mass.
And there was no dead air like you show... Stuff another quilt or old pillow in there.

Do Not Let the Butt's IT Fall Below 140°

If you can't monitor it with a reliable probe, then pull it now or within 4-6 hours.
The sooner the better/safer... Don't wait till 0500 in the morning.

Food borne illness is no joke.
Pull it now and refrigerate properly.

Well F**K. Its rested an hour right now ....may as well go pull it

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky