AMNPS package deal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

acarter5251

Original poster
Dec 22, 2013
I want to get an AMNPS for my MES30 and was wondering if it is better to get the package deal with the 4- 2 lb. bags of pellets for $54 or to just buy the AMNPS and a big bag of pellets separately?  It seems like the package might be a good deal, but I'm not sure how far a 2 lb. bag of pellets goes with the AMNPS?

Thanks in advance!

The AMPS holds ~1# of pellets...   I generally use about 3/4 to 1 1/2 rows of pellets when I smoke something..  from 4 - 8 ounces....   2-4 hours.. 

When cold smoking bacon, I can use up to 3#'s of pellets...  I usually order 25-40#'s at a time to get the GOOD price....

I order.....

...... Alder for salmon...

......Hickory for bacon.....

.....Mesquite for a light smoke on steak and shrimp.....

....Pitmasters Choice blend for an all around VERY good, mild smoke flavor.. 

...And I have the Sweet wood Blend, which I haven't tried yet.....

I personally went with the package. You can't lose when you have different wood to try, right? I got the garlic spice as an extra one since it sounded good with beef. Anyone ever tried using the garlic spice?

I personally went with the package. You can't lose when you have different wood to try, right? I got the garlic spice as an extra one since it sounded good with beef. Anyone ever tried using the garlic spice?
It's good. I was told all spiced pellets were blended with oak.
-Kurt

Most wood pellets you buy are blended with Oak unless it specifically says on the pack that it is 100% of the flavouring wood. I know Todd states that "all of A-MAZE-N PELLETS are made from 100% Flavor Wood" but that can only mean the ones that he sells unbranded. The BBQers Delight pellets that he sells are certainly an Oak blend.

Most wood pellets you buy are blended with Oak unless it specifically says on the pack that it is 100% of the flavouring wood. I know Todd states that "all of A-MAZE-N PELLETS are made from 100% Flavor Wood" but that can only mean the ones that he sells unbranded. The BBQers Delight pellets that he sells are certainly an Oak blend.
Yes! The 20# bags of BBQ'rs Delight and Traeger are two thirds oak or with Traeger Alder wood depending which plant on the east or west coast the pellets are from. The 1# bags of BBQ'rs Delight are 100% the flavor on the bag. I have a local distributor that no longer sells the 1# bags and stuck with the 20#'ers. When I bought the 1# bags of Pecan I compared it to their 20# bags and the pellets were three times darker. I believe the 1# bags say 100% and show how to make a foil smoking pouch where the 20# is for fuel and flavor.
-Kurt

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky