Almost started

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

waferman

Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Hi everyone,

I just unpacked my new Bradley 4 rack digital smoker ( does that take the traditional adventure out of the art of smoking?) and am about to "season" it for about an hour according to instructions.

I'm the type of person who likes to get right into it and go for the gusto but in reading some postings perhaps I should start small. Any suggestions?

Is it usual, or acceptable, to put a mix of items in the smoker at one time to utilize the smoke? Of course time and temperature are considerations.

I'm curious to know when to cure and when not to.

Welcome aboard.................You might want to take the 5day ecourse, its free and lots of great info on it...............

Welcome to the forum Waferman. You may want to sign up for Jeff's 5 day Ecourse its free and lots of good info. Read over some of the posts and find a recipe that sounds good and go for it. Smoking different meats at the same time is fine just keep poultry products on the lowest racks. Get a couple of digital thermometers so you can monitor meat temps as that is the way meat is cooked by temp not time. There are lots of people around here willing to help if you have questions.
Have fun and Happy Smoking

Welcome Wafer... you found the gold mine of smoking wisdom!

A good first choice is the fatty or a butt. DO get the 5 day ecourse... good info for all folks in there.

Enjoy and read...and ask what ya can't find!

Welcome to SMF! You've come armed and ready to join the smoking meat ranks, you'll enjoy the ride for sure!

Definitely season the smoker before using it. The instruction manual should guide you the right way, just be sure to spray some high temp Pam, or Weber non-stick spray on the inside of the smoker, and throw in a couple pieces of wood (i.e. hickory or mesquite).

If you're wanting to get started with a cut of meat, go for the fatty. They're pretty easy to make and versatile to fill with whatever you're taste buds desire.

I also suggest signing up for Jeff's free 5-day eCourse on smoking meats. It'll give you the jump start needed to have that rig of yours smoking beautiful stuff!
biggrin.gif

As you can see these people are smart and friendly, if you have a question someone here will answer it.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
have fun with this site.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky