All BT therm apps aren't the same

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dr k

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 22, 2013
Peoria, IL
zwiller zwiller and chopsaw chopsaw these BT 6 port therms are compatible with many similar looking apps, if they're not identical. I have downloaded Tenergy's Solis Thermo app now. The Soraken's Easy BBQ app that came with the unit has gone rogue for me, after their update 9.19 and the Inkbird BBQ Go keeps stopping as well for me on my Sansung G7. The Solis Thermo app blows away the other app star ratings with 3.7/5 and has been doing great and they updated it 10.22.19. The signal finally failed at 100' with 5 interior walls between the transmitter and my ph. When the signal dropped and alerted me, it didn't lose the graph. I have driven with it as it was paired BT with vehicle ph without problems. I charged it in the vehicle with the data port and it said I couldn't transfer data because it was showing the app with no drop.. I'm writing this thread on my ph as it runs in the background with no issues. These 3-5Mb apps can be downloaded and just select which ever you like and delete accordingly. I have never just lost a graph. I have lost everything when the app stops and needs to be restarted when the notification says the app has stopped, do you want to restart or do you want to close it? I'm trying to make the app fail because when I'm messing with my ph it does but never just sitting.

Reactions: ChuxPick
dr k , great to know I have several inkbird bluetooth thermometers that I really like, but the apps drop and I lose all my data. I have tried probably 10 different apps(all basically look and function the same) with the same results. I will see if I can find it in the App Store for my iPhone. I found it in the App Store with a 4.1 rating. going to download it to see if it will work for me.

thanks I just loaded that and will see what it does

I am using a iPhone and loaded it and now running a test, going to let my Inkbird run all night if the battery holds out, it had been running since about 6 last night. hope to see the graph all there when I ck it in the morning

Nope stopped logging and cleared out at some point, dumped it and will try to load a app on my kindle and if I can leave it up and running, if it also quits I will not wonder about temps past the current whats it doing now and the alarm function works great.

As long as people know to try other apps. This app hasn't shut down on me yet like the BBQ Go and Easy BBQ. Over night I didn't lose the graph in 8 hours but it isn't as important as having the app stop and lose the high limit or range alarm setting.

The Chugod app has been running the best with no graph drops or stopped app. You can also select from four alarm ringtones. Going on five hours Samsung Galaxy S7. I took this screenshot and the app stopped.
Screenshot_20200318-162641_chugod.jpg I just set this fish preset so I can activate the alarm touching the probe. I think with my ph certain apps conflict with the therm app because when left alone the app is fine till I use it for other apps other than the phone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky