Aldi's bought Winn Dixie.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not an Aldi's fan either .
I don't have a problem with what they sell , it's just the set up in general .
Clancy chips are good . They sell a lot of good sausages , and meat .
I have heard they are getting away from the warehouse feel and going more to the traditional grocery store . Maybe the Winn Dixie set up will stay the same with Aldi's products .

Thankfully have Winn Dixie, Publix, Aldi, Walmart, Sam’s, and Costco all within 30 mins from the smoker I hope WD stays the same as it used to be

The nearest Aldi's to me is in Fresno, about 3 hrs south of me. I looked at their website, and if they ever move into NorCal, I'd check them out.

I shop at Winco, which is an employee owned, West US, bag your own grocery chain. Great meat and decent prices. On my 6 mile drive to get there, depending on route taken, I pass the following grocery stores: Raley's (locally owned, too pricy), Raley's One (non-union, but still too pricy), two Safeways (quality and pricing varies widely), two Nuggets (great everything, premium pricing though), Food-4-Less (low quality), Sam's Club (dirty), Target and Walmart (both have poorly stocked shelves requiring a trip to another grocery store).

Costco, Whole Foods, Sprouts, Grocery Outlet, and Trader Joe's are just a little farther than Winco. Amazon Food was supposed to move near Costco, but that project has stalled (built, but not moving forward).

No wonder Aldi's isn't in my area. Too many shopping options.

I don't mind Aldis at all. The Aldis around us are an interesting cross between a generic saver level line of products and higher end Whole Foods type items. I believe that evolution on the products was to match up to his brothers ownership of the EU Aldis and US Trader Joe's.

I don't mind Aldis at all. The Aldis around us are an interesting cross between a generic saver level line of products and higher end Whole Foods type items. I believe that evolution on the products was to match up to his brothers ownership of the EU Aldis and US Trader Joe's.
I find that most store branded stuff at Aldi is as good, or better than the name brand. Dinty Moore really has nothing on their house brand. The smoked cheddar sausages (Yeah, don't always make enough to meet demand) are as good or better than the name brand ones.

Their white corn tortillas are garbage .......... way too much moisture.

I buy my storage bags and heavy duty foil there, too (if buying storage/freezer bags, go for the zipper bags, the others suck the same as cheap bags from anywhere else).

Reactions: jcam222
I find that most store branded stuff at Aldi is as good, or better than the name brand. Dinty Moore really has nothing on their house brand. The smoked cheddar sausages (Yeah, don't always make enough to meet demand) are as good or better than the name brand ones.

Their white corn tortillas are garbage .......... way too much moisture.

I buy my storage bags and heavy duty foil there, too (if buying storage/freezer bags, go for the zipper bags, the others suck the same as cheap bags from anywhere else).
yeah there are a few things I don't like at Aldi, their peanut butter is like spackling paste and their pickled jalapenos taste very off to me.

Reactions: DougE
yeah there are a few things I don't like at Aldi, their peanut butter is like spackling paste and their pickled jalapenos taste very off to me.
Compared to other store brands, though, I find the majority of theirs to be fine as well as cheaper than name brands.

Reactions: clifish
If they will expand and bring either Aldi's or WD to central Arkansas I'm all for it. Tired of being over priced by Kroger and WalMart.

We have several Aldi near us, they are good for snacks, canned goods and dairy. Their produce doesn't last long and there is basically no meat department. Winn-Dixie left this town a very long time ago. One of my first jobs was night stocking at a Winn Dixie a few miles from where I live now.

We are fortunate to have options near by. Kroger, Albertsons, Sprouts, Win-Co, Sams, Walmart, Natural Grocers and Aldi are all 5 minutes or less. Venture a little further and throw in Whole Foods, Central Market, Trader Joes, H.E.B. and Costco. They all have there purpose. (except maybe Costco)

I miss Piggly Wiggly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky