Aldi's bought Winn Dixie.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
Winn Dixie Stores have been dwindling own here in S florida, but there's still one about 9 miles away that has pretty good meat for the most part. There was just an announcement this week that the Aldi group purchased all. the Winn Dixies (SE grocers). I don't know about everybody else but I'd rather take a crap in a bus station than to ever go back to Aldi...
Rant over.

We had an Aldi near us when I lived in Texas.
Went in a couple times, just got produce only.
I think it is for people that are on a tight budget, where no-name products are OK for them.

Not an Aldi's fan either .
I considered Winn Dixie a tourist attraction when I go to Alabama .
Last time I was down there I was looking at sausages in the meat case . Guy working behind the counter asked me what I was lookin for . Got to talkin , mentioned I make my own . Told me to finish my shopping and stop back by .
He hooked me up with some awesome brats and hot pork sausage links that he made while I was shopping .

Price Chopper and Hannifords are my only major chain choices. Heck even our WalMart is the readers digest version.

Chris

Oh Wow

I like the WD when we lived in Savannah GA.
There still is a Piggly there too. Thats where I get the Hunters Pride BBQ Sauce.

And Food Lion.

Wow. Aldis is by far one of my favorite places to shop especially for meat. Their meats are far and away better than any of the other chains around here.

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
I have no complaints against Aldis. Granted its not my choice (got a couple of independent stores I meat shop). But every now and then I'll run through there for something quick,

Jim

I went to an aldi's last week to check it out. A very big no thanks! Nothing impressed me enough to go back. It's more $ than meijer up here.

Up here in the west Kroger is trying to buy out Albertsons, but something like 6 different Secretaries of State have joined to try to stop the merger. Where I live regionally if those two merge we will have 2 choices for grocery, Kroger or Walmart. No other competitors.

With the exception of the meat department, our 3 Aldi's are awesome. We go there all the time and shop with the hippies.

If I have to buy meat at a store I now go to a restaurant supply and don’t bother with the grocery store. The meat from restaurant supply is infinitely better in quality and significantly cheaper. At the grocery I pick up the veggies and other household items but no meat, it’s horrible from there.

Reactions: DemonPit
We go to Aldi once in a while when the Kroger or Publix doesn't have good produce. I haven't seen a Winn Dixie around here in 8-10 years. There may be some in south Ga, not sure. I get most of my Steaks from WFF, and other meats either Restaurant Depot, (we only go there 2-3 times a year because I get too much when we go, lol.), or Kroger usually has decent prices when on sale.

We don't have either of those stores near me. I avoid the chain grocery stores because of the high prices. I mostly get meat from Costco or Walmart. We have a Super Walmart nearby and their selection of Choice meats keeps getting better. I also get meat from Vallarta. It is a Mexican chain grocery store that has great meat at a much better price.

I've only been in Aldis a few times and have yet to stop at a Lidl. Dude at work told me to try the Aldis store brand potato chips, Clancys. I bought the jalapeno kettle style and they're pretty damn good and only $1.99 a bag. I stop in just for those.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky