Aaron Rogers out for the season

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Week 1 in both College and NFL games is always full of surprises. In the Bills vs Jets game, the Bills were favored by 2 points, and all eyes were on Allen vs Rodgers. I was all set to take the Bills to cover the spread. Until.... a crazy stat surfaced: Rodgers was 9-0 in Monday Night Football games, and has not lost one in almost 10 years.

So I took the Jets (+2) against the spread. Then.... Rodgers gets injured after 3 or 4 plays, and was out for the game (and now we learn out for the season). However, week 1 is week 1, and the Jets hung on for the win.

If the Jets can't get an offensive line that can protect the quarterback they are screwed no matter who is back there. The D can't win every game.

Reactions: JLeonard
I'm super-bummed that the Cowboy's D won't get to feast on him next week. Sucks for the Jets.

Reactions: JC in GB
They have laid off so many good reporters who were there for so long. Or not laid off just offered them contracts that were suck a slap in the face that made people leave the network

Reactions: LoydB and chopsaw
Wow, that comes to about 9 million per play. Not bagging on Rodgers but I am glad Green Bay decided to go in another direction this year. Looks like it was the right move. Sorry NY, you got another washed up GB QB.
Even more impressive. He was in the game for 94 seconds. Works out to about $399,000 PER SECOND. Now THAT'S a retirement plan!

I hate to see anyone hurt, especially Rodgers. I really wanted to see what, if anything, he could do with the Jets this year. I got that answer WAAAY quicker than expected. But, hey, the Jets won!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky