500 Gallon propane tank build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Theroadwarrior

Original poster
Aug 11, 2018
Springfield
hey guys new to the forum,
I just finished my 500 gallon smoker. Here are a few stats,
It’s a 34x34x34 firebrick insulated box.
Two 3”x10” vents with a basket.
The smoke stack is 8”x 40” tall.
Two slide out racks per door and two doors

Here is the build thread with my pops

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks
James

https://www.flickr.com/gp/155798844@N03/iK9QoX

About 14 days on and off, it seemed like I never got a full day to work on it. I’m hoping to get it painted/finished this week coat the inside in lard and let it rip

Awesome thanks! I will update, I’m going to try and paint the firebox today it’s starting to rust pretty good after a recent rain

Beast is an understatement. I think maybe I just paint the trailer and leave the tank as is.

I gotta question though, bout the how close the FB is to the ground. It seems to me that it would drag on inclines ? I'm sure you've done the math on the angles, why so low to the ground ?

Reactions: Theroadwarrior
I got the elevation blocks installed on the trailer for 5” of height. Check it
Out now...I also painted it

Attachments

• 086E9D45-960C-42FC-89F4-14E854B611DF.jpeg
    086E9D45-960C-42FC-89F4-14E854B611DF.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 41
That looks good, I was thinking elevating the cook chamber to raise the firebox higher, would make the cook chamber to high to put meats on and off.

Man, that looks great ...... you've got skills .......

That looks good, I was thinking elevating the cook chamber to raise the firebox higher, would make the cook chamber to high to put meats on and off.

Man, that looks great ...... you've got skills .......

Thanks a bunch, there was a ton of planning in it. There were a few ups and downs such as the firebox being so low but we fixed that I’m ready to load it up!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky