3D Printed Stuffer Tube

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Made a 10mm (od) stuffer tube. Use the color I had already on printer.

Turned out pretty good, for 5lb stuffer.

Attachments

• IMG-2093.jpg
    IMG-2093.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-2094.jpg
    IMG-2094.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-2096.jpg
    IMG-2096.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-2098.jpg
    IMG-2098.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 27
Your sausage making expertise doesn't really say anything one way or another as to your expertise on PLA toxicity, so I erred on the side of caution. Nothing about the original post indicates you don't plan to actually let this touch food... Glad you hear you aren't planning on poisoning yourself or your friends/family.

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
Rick if you made one with foodsafe PLA would it be able to handle the pressure generated by the force pushing the meat thru it?

Your sausage making expertise doesn't really say anything one way or another as to your expertise on PLA toxicity, so I erred on the side of caution. Nothing about the original post indicates you don't plan to actually let this touch food... Glad you hear you aren't planning on poisoning yourself or your friends/family.
Its all good.
No harm no foul...(no chicken) lol

Rick if you made one with foodsafe PLA would it be able to handle the pressure generated by the force pushing the meat thru it?
I would prob have some adjustment to do on fill.

I have 3 spools of food grade pla.
Did this print with cheaper pla, the food grade is $$

I would expect anything with 3mm walls or thicker to be fine from stuffer pressures.

That food-safe PLA I linked is only $5 more than regular PLA, and *way* cheaper than the first food grade PLA I bought many years ago.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky