2nd Annual South Florida Gathering!! Nov 9th-11th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
that sounds great... I already reserved my site... It's about time for anybody that's thinking about going to start chiming in... that way we can start to get an Idea of how many people are coming and what all we need to reserve as far as sites

AWWWW........ we'll be at the creek Turkey week... cant make it twice in one month!..... Have fun guys!
why not?? :)

just a update....i haven't had a chance to call the Creek's director yet...things have been all kinds of crazy for me this weekend. I plan to call friday afternoon as i'll be driving up to orlando for memorial day weekend. 

more updates to come. everyone start bugging anyone that has FL in there profile :)

I know it's still pretty far off yet.. but we would like to hear from potential attendees... come and join the fun, good food, make new friends, learn new technics, tell some lies around the campfire (oops, that would be a fishing gathering)...Wait.. it could be that too as there is a nice creek and lake there...

Well count me in!!!  I had a blast at the First Annual South Florida Gathering, and wouldn't miss the Second.

Still a little early for me. But I'll be checking in!

I mentioned this to wife and she sounded like it would be a go for her. Only issue is me and work. If we go we will fall into the last minute group. Crazy time of year for catering/banquets around here.

Billy! Glad to see ya on! haha

JarJar we'd be glad to have ya even if you can't stay the entire time. not sure where in central FL you are but this place is located in a pretty decent location for all south-central floridians. out of curiosity where abouts  are you in C. Fla? i'm from crystal river and lived in gainesville for 5 years before moving down to fort lauderdale

I grew up in a small town near Cocoa Beach called Merritt Island, now I live in a small town called Haines City. It is on Hwy 27 south of I4.

I grew up in a small town near Cocoa Beach called Merritt Island, now I live in a small town called Haines City. It is on Hwy 27 south of I4.
Hey jarjar, You live close enough to the gathering that you could come only for dinner, if you can't get off work.
yahoo.gif

Last edited:
My wife and I had too much fun at the N. Florida gathering to pass this one up.  I'm looking into renting an RV for the weekend, since there don't seem to be any hotels close by, and she refuses to go tent camping.  Unless something comes up that keeps me from it, we'll be there.  It sounds like a lot of fun!

- Ted

Good deal Ted... It will be good to see you and the Mrs. again... I would search in Okeechobee for an RV Rental place... carry all your goods with ya in the truck and pick up RV down there.. would be cheaper than renting at home and driving all the way there... just an Idea...

hey all!

wanted to give a bump and an update!

i've been very busy lately with various things with work and life...but i have not lost focus on this event. i'm going to get back in gear next week and call Fishing Eating Creek to set up plans with them as well as update the chart on page 1 with attendees, foods, comps etc...

let's get some more people signed up!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky