2 MORE DAYS on the SANTA MARIA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
Didn't know where to post this, so Pops if this is in the wrong spot, just move it where ever you think it should go!
I'm having a lot of fun with this new rig.
Did a spatched chicken on Saturday for Judy & her girlfriend.
Then on Sunday I did some beef ribs & some sausage.
Here is a few pics.
This chicken turned out to be one of the best I have ever cooked.
I checked it with my Thermapen & it was done, so I put it on a platter & on the table outside & went in to clean the Thermapen. I came out a couple of minutes later & the 2 women had just tore into it. So no pics, but you should have seen the juice running out!
1.jpg

Here is the beef ribs.

2.jpg

Both the chicken & the ribs I put a quick sear on first, then raised the grate for a slower cook.

3.jpg

The Lang looks a little lonely out back all alone!

4.jpg

And finally I threw on some sausages to munch on while the ribs cooked.

5.jpg

This attachment has to be one of the best things I have bought in a long time!
The juices dripping on the fire & the ability to control the temp by raising & lowering the grate depending on how hot the fire is really makes cooking on this fun!
Al

Looks like fun Al, and judging by the outcome it looks like a great investment. Question: Are you storing it on the kettle or off? I don't have allot of space left for BBQ storage and the santa maria looks like it would take up allot of space.

Point for sure
Chris

Glad to see you're having a Blast with that new Toy, Al !!
Everything looks Great !!
Gotta be Mighty Tasty!
Like.

Bear

It all looks good Al

Especially those beef ribs. I haven't had some good beef ribs in a while. The ones they sell in the stores have so little meat on them. That they just aren't worth buying.

Reactions: fivetricks
Looks like fun Al, and judging by the outcome it looks like a great investment. Question: Are you storing it on the kettle or off? I don't have allot of space left for BBQ storage and the santa maria looks like it would take up allot of space.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris!
I take it off & set it on the table section of my Performer after I have the Performer cover on, then a regular 22" kettle cover will fit over it & I just tuck the bottom of the cover under the SM. So it really doesn't take up any more space than the performer. If you have just a 22" kettle, then I would leave it on the kettle & a 22" WSM cover would cover the whole thing. I really don't see any reason to use the kettle without the SM attachment, so I have an extra lid & cooking grate for my other kettle.
Al

Looks great Al .

Thanks Chop!
Al

Looks great!

How did the beef ribs turn out of the open fire?

Thank-you! They turned out real good, great flavor from the wood fire! I took them to about 195 IT, and they were tender & juicy. I'm really looking forward to doing a rack of STL's on it. Maybe next weekend!
Al

New old ways turned out some great food for you.

Warren

That's for sure Warren!
Al

I’m interested in this also. Is this made for the Weber kettle 22? Also, how is it constructed? Might have to contact my fabrication company to construct one!!!

Yes it is made for a Weber Kettle, I believe he makes them for all the sized kettles including the 26. It is very well constructed, all welded steel. It comes fully assembled & you just put it on the kettle. I believe the shipping weight was 33 lbs., so you know it's a very solid unit. They have a web site "Gabby's Grills". Check it out!
Al

Glad to see you're having a Blast with that new Toy, Al !!
Everything looks Great !!
Gotta be Mighty Tasty!
Like.

Bear

Thanks Buddy!
Yea it's fun messing with new stuff!!
And your right it is really tasty, something about cooking directly over a wood fire that just gives it a great flavor!

It all looks good Al

Especially those beef ribs. I haven't had some good beef ribs in a while. The ones they sell in the stores have so little meat on them. That they just aren't worth buying.

Thank you, and yes I agree unless you cut your own ribs or go to a butcher & have him cut them & tell him to leave some meat on them they are not worth buying. Those cryovaced packages are just a bag of bones.
Al

Looking good Al. That sure seems to be a great addition for BBQing.
Have to admit I'm extremely envious, looking at all that greenery in your yard. It was -41 degrees here yesterday, not counting wind chill.
Gary

Holy Cow Gary!
I can't even imagine those kinds of temps.
I'm freezing at 50 degrees, and anything lower than that we turn on the heat & don't go outside!
I'm guessing you'd be in shorts & a tee shirt!
Al

Al
Glad you are enjoying that new toy.
You are making me hungry, that is some excellent food you are putting out...thanks for sharing!!

I think anybody with a Kettle should seriously consider this attachment.
You make me hungry Al!
I do think you are getting all the best it has to offer.
Don't worry about the Lang, an occasion will come along to fire that Muther up!

I think anybody with a Kettle should seriously consider this attachment.
You make me hungry Al!
I do think you are getting all the best it has to offer.
Don't worry about the Lang, an occasion will come along to fire that Muther up!

Thanks Sonny!
It's fun to play with a new piece of equipment, but the Lang will definitely still be in the rotation!!
Al

Reactions: SonnyE
Thanks Sonny!
It's fun to play with a new piece of equipment, but the Lang will definitely still be in the rotation!!
Al

LOL!
I actually went to Gabby's Grills to look. :emoji_eyes:
It prompted me to todder out and measure my old Brinkman Smoker camped in outdoor storage.
I think I better go play with my bacon (due today), and stop day dreaming. :emoji_grinning:
Before I further PO Betty...

LOL!
I actually went to Gabby's Grills to look. :emoji_eyes:
It prompted me to todder out and measure my old Brinkman Smoker camped in outdoor storage.
I think I better go play with my bacon (due today), and stop day dreaming. :emoji_grinning:
Before I further PO Betty...

Now that's funny!
Good luck with the bacon!
Al

Al,

I may have missed it but did you get the rotisserie package too?

No I didn't, sounds like a good idea though!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky