11lbs shoulder. Cooking too fast??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
thanks!  just probed around with a therm.  its going in like butter. ranging from 185-210ish.  pulling soon... AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!

all great advice above.....you're gonna be fine with some scrumptious looking pork for the guests. Spash a little AJ in the foil if you have it and let it get happy in the cooler for a few hours....I'd say people are gonna love it

MAN that is BEAUTIFUL!  That must of come from one HUGE PORKER!  Enjoy and the help is here 24/7...Happy Birthday to Dad!...JJ

Hey we are not far from each other at all! Can I have some left overs? 
biggrin.gif

I hope it all came out good, it looks good so far.

She's looking good. It would prob shred pretty easy right now. You can always test by grabbing the bone and it it pulls easy you know your good to go.

What Brian said, If the bone pulls out it's ready!

yeah i have 3 hours left and it has been stalled at 170 for 4 hours or so.  Im going to let it go in the smoker till 1030 then im going to pull it and have to toss it in oven 
PDT_Armataz_01_16.gif
 in order to get the ribs going.  so it may not have to sit in cooler too after all.  ill post a pic soon.
I knew that bad boy had to stall. For a minute I thought you had found the magic butt. I had a couple that had me freaking out thinking they would finish too soon but that stall comes out of nowhere and saves the day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky