1\4 Cow!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Touchdown guy-we know whats going on your smoker in comming weeks.how many#s?

I'm sure you know you got a great deal. I just sold about 6 beef to various friends and coworkers, most of it 1/2, 1/4, or even 1/8 at a time. Sure can't do it that cheap though. Hope its good beef. Enjoy!

I get 1/2 hogs here 90#s from well known butcher-Iowa pork $180 in 10 years came across 1 salty ham-other than that been REAL happy.

It really stinks, we don't even have any local butchers. How is that? Its not a really a small town. There are a few guys who will process venison and stuff it you bring it to them but come on.

youll love that i buy a 1/4 or a 1/2 every yr. cant beat it .i usually pay about 2.10.
icon_smile.gif

Around here i am the local butcher. No one else cuts here, you'd drive two hours to get to the next guy. The guy i am apprenticing under pretty much gave all his buisness to me so i am a busy guy. I don't do all the prepared meat though like ham and bacon. Cut wrap grind . That costs 50 cents a pound. Sausage is extra. That is one of the reasons i have been paying so much attention to this website, tons of good info. Thanks for the help and keep getting those local guys cutting your meat or they'll all disapear.

It was 240 lb's...170lb's after processing. It was part of the front and part of the rear of the cow so I got a lot of hamberger and some decent steaks and some nice roasts. I won't have to buy any beef for a long time. Haven't done anything with it yet, but soon, very very soon.

I have come across a good deal like that thru my father in law two years in a row... problem is both times it has hit in deer season.... freezer was on its way to fullness!! Have had a few good deer seasons and not had room ....

good deal!! lets see some qview... get her smokin!

You're right about that! Mine disappeared recently. Figures I was working for low wages when he was around, and now that I can pay a little more for better steaks he folds up shop. Hopefully someone will take his place.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky