SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › "BEAR" Ribs with lots of Qview
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"BEAR" Ribs with lots of Qview - Page 2

post #21 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhookk View Post

I've decided to keep giving points , like we could on the old version of the forum. I give you a zillion billion. That looks awesome.


Wow! Thanks hhookk. Don't know where I could keep that many!

Heck of a compliment!

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meateater View Post

Great looking ribs, I'm jealous of the dinos you smoked. I cant get dinos like that anywhere so far. That's a breakfast right there! 


Thanks meateater. How 'bout some Buffalo Dinos? Any of those around Hendertucky?

post #22 of 38

Hey John

I know my plate is in the mail

post #23 of 38

That really looks great bear!!!! I'll have to try the rib meat skewer next go round.

post #24 of 38

looks good bear..........i like the fact that yer not too shy to have 3 eggs and not 2!

post #25 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandemonium View Post

They look great Bear, I have to try beef ribs, i have never had them

Thanks Pande,

You'll love them. I think they're actually a little better than the pork.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarbelly View Post

Hey John

I know my plate is in the mail

You didn't get it?

Pony Express rider must have eaten it!


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom37 View Post

That really looks great bear!!!! I'll have to try the rib meat skewer next go round.


Thanks Tom,

I'll be doing that all of the time, unless I get another idea.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefrob View Post

looks good bear..........i like the fact that yer not too shy to have 3 eggs and not 2!


It's hard for me to be shy about that. I used to eat 3 eggs & half a pound of Bacon just about every morning. Now that I'm older, I often skip breakfast, or have two eggs, or maybe even cereal. But every now and then I relive my youth and have 3 eggs, plus two slices of toast with raspberry jelly on, that I didn't put in the picture. I know this isn't a big deal to all you other big eaters, but I can tell you I was a hog when I was young. I can remember not long after getting back from my trip to Southeast Asia, my wife made sausage & re-fried potatoes for Supper. The sausage came in a plastic wrapped styrofoam tray, about 16" X 12". There were 48 links in there, and it was called a "Family Pack". Well my wife, my 1 year old son, and myself were a family! We ate the whole pack at that Supper. I had to eat a full frying pan of potatoes, because my wife ate 3 of those sausages. The baby didn't eat any, and I had to eat the other 45 of them. At the time (and for about another 10 years) I had about a 28"/30" waste. So 3 eggs??? LOL

 

Bear

post #26 of 38

 to ya, Bear!

Very nice ribs - and I love the skirt action - that chunk of loin just pops in the finished picture, and what a killer breakfast!

 

Good job, man.

post #27 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandemonium View Post

They look great Bear, I have to try beef ribs, i have never had them



Your missin out pdmn, And bear that is a fine looking smoke, how do you do your taters by the way?

post #28 of 38

Looks great Bear!  Making my tummy growl on a sunny Friday afternoon!!

post #29 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinstevo27 View Post





Your missin out pdmn, And bear that is a fine looking smoke, how do you do your taters by the way?

 

Thanks Steve,


Cut raw red-skinned taters up in about one inch pieces (leave skin on). Put in baking dish. Spray with spray butter. Sprinkle with black pepper & chopped or dried parsley. Bake at 425˚ for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how browned you like them.

 

You can use olive oil instead of spray butter, but I like the butter flavor more.

 

 

Bear

post #30 of 38

I'm doing 2 racks of Bear's ribs this weekend.

 

Got them at SAMS for $1.20/lb

 

Looks Fantastic My Friend!!

 

 

Todd

No Creosote! A-Maze-N Smokers

Reply
post #31 of 38



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post



 

Thanks Steve,


Cut raw red-skinned taters up in about one inch pieces (leave skin on). Put in baking dish. Spray with spray butter. Sprinkle with black pepper & chopped or dried parsley. Bake at 425˚ for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how browned you like them.

 

You can use olive oil instead of spray butter, but I like the butter flavor more.

 

 

Bear


Thats pretty much my method but with olive oil and rosemary. The butter sounds awsome I will have to try that.
 

post #32 of 38

Nice ribs, Bear!  Tell Todd to go ahead and start selling that model already -- I totally want one for hot smokes.

post #33 of 38

I noticed the brocoli and thought Id share my brocoli recipe with you bear. 2 crowns drizzled with olive oil and juice of a lemon, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. Roast in the oven at 425 for 10 minutes, remove and add shredded parmesean cheese put back in the oven for ten minutes. I found that online somewhere a while back and its the only way I cook brocoli now.

post #34 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post

Thanks a lot everybody!

 

This stuff really is great!

 

Did anyone try clicking on any of the money shots? That gives you a closeup of the pics, and you can see how juicy and pink inside these were.

 

 

Enjoy,

Bear

Oh yes. Pink and juicy on the inside is always good. Looks wonderful Bear.
 

post #35 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJohnson View Post

I'm doing 2 racks of Bear's ribs this weekend.

 

Got them at SAMS for $1.20/lb

 

Looks Fantastic My Friend!!

 

 

Todd


LOL, I can't take credit for them. It's all stuff I learned on here, except maybe my little wrap, and the taters my wife copied from our son one Fathers' Day at his house, a long time ago.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythmaster View Post

Nice ribs, Bear!  Tell Todd to go ahead and start selling that model already -- I totally want one for hot smokes.


That one still has slight problems. I don't think Todd will release it as long as it's got problems.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinstevo27 View Post

I noticed the brocoli and thought Id share my brocoli recipe with you bear. 2 crowns drizzled with olive oil and juice of a lemon, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. Roast in the oven at 425 for 10 minutes, remove and add shredded parmesean cheese put back in the oven for ten minutes. I found that online somewhere a while back and its the only way I cook brocoli now.

Thanks Steve!


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alelover View Post



Oh yes. Pink and juicy on the inside is always good. Looks wonderful Bear.
 

 

Thanks, "I love it when a plan comes together". (John "Hannibal" Smith) 
 

post #36 of 38
Quote:

That one still has slight problems. I don't think Todd will release it as long as it's got problems.


Cool, thx.

post #37 of 38

doing the two kinds of ribs was genius! 

 

it was already an excellent qview, then i got to the breakfast.  dang!!!  that one stopped me dead in my tracks.

 

outstanding! 

 

post #38 of 38
Thread Starter 

Thanks wntrind,

LOL, I was just going to just do Pork Spares, but there was a beautiful little hunk of Beef out of it's area. I figured I better grab it, before it crawls to the Veggie area!

 

Note: I was much more of a HOG when I was younger!

 

 

Bear

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › "BEAR" Ribs with lots of Qview