- found everyone's posts here extremely helpful and it convinced me to go get an MES a few months ago.
- followed all of the instructions.
- have smoked roughly 10 times now up to maximum temps of 220 for a max of about 6 hours (3-2-1), other than the initial steps it describes in the instruction to burn off the factory oil and prime it.
- decided to do some rewiring and add a PID because I wasn't too fond of the temperature controller
- just opened it earlier today and this is what I found inside (I'm not an engineer (my wife is). Neither of us think that the inside should look like this and the pictures of the insides of other peoples MES who have done mods leads us to think so too
- what the picture doesn't show is that the whole inside smells like burnt plastic and it hasn't even been turned on for 2 weeks