anyone ever tried doing the beer can chicken but with Sake instead of Beer? I am thinking of trying this as it sounds pretty interesting. It calls for using wasabi powder and sesame seeds with dark sesame seed oil. What are ya'll thought on this idea?
Related Forum Threads
- First Beer Can Chicken. (Suggestions?) Last post on 8/28/10 at 5:18pm in Poultry
- Beer can chicken Last post on 8/18/10 at 11:32am in Poultry
- prepping for beer can chicken Last post on 8/12/10 at 3:04pm in Poultry
- Beer Can Chicken and ABTs Last post on 8/13/10 at 11:33am in Poultry
- Dino bones and beer butt chicken Last post on 8/8/10 at 5:00pm in Beef
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
Bout the version built for cabelas called Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite. Listen, it's supposed to be a smoker, but really, it's grill, no, an oven, that's it. I've used it several times now in order...
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
Sake smoked chicken with wasabi paste??post #1 of 58/22/10 at 9:51amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 58/22/10 at 3:45pmpost #3 of 58/22/10 at 4:05pm
Did you find a recipe somewhere? This sounds very interesting for sure - Not sure the effect of smoke and Wasabi as I have never tried it but I love Wasabipost #4 of 58/23/10 at 8:21amThread Starter
Here is the recipe I am thinking of trying
Steven Raichlen’s Sake Chicken
· 1 whole chicken
· 1 can (12 ounces) beer
· 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
· 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
· 2 teaspoons coarse salt
· 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
· 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
· ¾ C sake
· 2 strips of lemon zest
Lime Teriyaki Glaze: (to be served with chicken)
· ½ soy sauce
· 1 C sugar
· 2 cloves garlic (smashed)
· ¼ C lime juice
Preparation: Mix soy, sugar and garlic, and cook over medium heat in sauce pan, stirring often until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thick. Stir in lime juice until slightly thickened. Serve a room temperature. Follow basic prep and cooking instructions above.
Sounds interesting and will let you know how it turns out this week with some qviewpost #5 of 58/23/10 at 10:10am
Now it all sounds good but now you need to try it and then tell us and show us with the Qview and then we will know how it works. That's what we do here we all think about new ways and styles of smoking and grilling and then give them a try and report back here. This is a great place to try, share , and develop new ways and techniques
- Sake smoked chicken with wasabi paste??
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Zanzibar Brand Pork and Beef Seasoning Recipes 5 minutes ago
- › First time Spatchcocked chicken 9 minutes ago
- › Pork belly 12 minutes ago
- › Thermoworks DOT Problem 14 minutes ago
- › New Vacmaster 17 minutes ago
- › Canadian Bacon cure question 23 minutes ago
- › Can't Keep The Pellets Lit! 26 minutes ago
- › How long does the "stall" last? 26 minutes ago
- › Fish sausage 26 minutes ago
- › Carolina gold wings 29 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by Travelbilly
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer