anyone ever tried doing the beer can chicken but with Sake instead of Beer? I am thinking of trying this as it sounds pretty interesting. It calls for using wasabi powder and sesame seeds with dark sesame seed oil. What are ya'll thought on this idea?
Related Forum Threads
- First Beer Can Chicken. (Suggestions?) Last post on 8/28/10 at 5:18pm in Poultry
- Beer can chicken Last post on 8/18/10 at 11:32am in Poultry
- prepping for beer can chicken Last post on 8/12/10 at 3:04pm in Poultry
- Beer Can Chicken and ABTs Last post on 8/13/10 at 11:33am in Poultry
- Dino bones and beer butt chicken Last post on 8/8/10 at 5:00pm in Beef
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
Sake smoked chicken with wasabi paste??post #1 of 58/22/10 at 9:51amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 58/22/10 at 3:45pmpost #3 of 58/22/10 at 4:05pm
Did you find a recipe somewhere? This sounds very interesting for sure - Not sure the effect of smoke and Wasabi as I have never tried it but I love Wasabipost #4 of 58/23/10 at 8:21amThread Starter
Here is the recipe I am thinking of trying
Steven Raichlen’s Sake Chicken
· 1 whole chicken
· 1 can (12 ounces) beer
· 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
· 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
· 2 teaspoons coarse salt
· 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
· 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
· ¾ C sake
· 2 strips of lemon zest
Lime Teriyaki Glaze: (to be served with chicken)
· ½ soy sauce
· 1 C sugar
· 2 cloves garlic (smashed)
· ¼ C lime juice
Preparation: Mix soy, sugar and garlic, and cook over medium heat in sauce pan, stirring often until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thick. Stir in lime juice until slightly thickened. Serve a room temperature. Follow basic prep and cooking instructions above.
Sounds interesting and will let you know how it turns out this week with some qviewpost #5 of 58/23/10 at 10:10am
Now it all sounds good but now you need to try it and then tell us and show us with the Qview and then we will know how it works. That's what we do here we all think about new ways and styles of smoking and grilling and then give them a try and report back here. This is a great place to try, share , and develop new ways and techniques
- Sake smoked chicken with wasabi paste??
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Catering for 125 people, looking for some advice 8 minutes ago
- › SOUS VIDE PASTRAMI, A FIRST FOR ME! 16 minutes ago
- › Smoker or Santa Maria.....I am torn 20 minutes ago
- › New member 22 minutes ago
- › New member from KS (ICT) 23 minutes ago
- › New Use For Q-Mats 24 minutes ago
- › hi ya'll 26 minutes ago
- › Pepper Stout Beef Pizza 27 minutes ago
- › Hello from London, Uk 32 minutes ago
- › Howdy 32 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot