anyone ever tried doing the beer can chicken but with Sake instead of Beer? I am thinking of trying this as it sounds pretty interesting. It calls for using wasabi powder and sesame seeds with dark sesame seed oil. What are ya'll thought on this idea?
Related Forum Threads
- First Beer Can Chicken. (Suggestions?) Last post on 8/28/10 at 5:18pm in Poultry
- Beer can chicken Last post on 8/18/10 at 11:32am in Poultry
- prepping for beer can chicken Last post on 8/12/10 at 3:04pm in Poultry
- Beer Can Chicken and ABTs Last post on 8/13/10 at 11:33am in Poultry
- Dino bones and beer butt chicken Last post on 8/8/10 at 5:00pm in Beef
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Sake smoked chicken with wasabi paste??post #1 of 58/22/10 at 9:51amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 58/22/10 at 3:45pmpost #3 of 58/22/10 at 4:05pm
Did you find a recipe somewhere? This sounds very interesting for sure - Not sure the effect of smoke and Wasabi as I have never tried it but I love Wasabipost #4 of 58/23/10 at 8:21amThread Starter
Here is the recipe I am thinking of trying
Steven Raichlen’s Sake Chicken
· 1 whole chicken
· 1 can (12 ounces) beer
· 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
· 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
· 2 teaspoons coarse salt
· 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
· 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
· ¾ C sake
· 2 strips of lemon zest
Lime Teriyaki Glaze: (to be served with chicken)
· ½ soy sauce
· 1 C sugar
· 2 cloves garlic (smashed)
· ¼ C lime juice
Preparation: Mix soy, sugar and garlic, and cook over medium heat in sauce pan, stirring often until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thick. Stir in lime juice until slightly thickened. Serve a room temperature. Follow basic prep and cooking instructions above.
Sounds interesting and will let you know how it turns out this week with some qviewpost #5 of 58/23/10 at 10:10am
Now it all sounds good but now you need to try it and then tell us and show us with the Qview and then we will know how it works. That's what we do here we all think about new ways and styles of smoking and grilling and then give them a try and report back here. This is a great place to try, share , and develop new ways and techniques
- Sake smoked chicken with wasabi paste??
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Please help 24 minutes ago
- › Bark question 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Anyone know what cut this is? 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Hello All 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › I'm finally starting to get it down 2 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › 1st Smoker and I'm trying Everything 2 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Electric Smokers ... Bradley vs Masterbuilt???? 2 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Hello from South Central Texas 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Trying Umai Soppressata 4 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Dutch's "Wicked Baked Beans" 4 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ