anyone ever tried doing the beer can chicken but with Sake instead of Beer? I am thinking of trying this as it sounds pretty interesting. It calls for using wasabi powder and sesame seeds with dark sesame seed oil. What are ya'll thought on this idea?
Related Forum Threads
- First Beer Can Chicken. (Suggestions?) Last post on 8/28/10 at 5:18pm in Poultry
- Beer can chicken Last post on 8/18/10 at 11:32am in Poultry
- prepping for beer can chicken Last post on 8/12/10 at 3:04pm in Poultry
- Beer Can Chicken and ABTs Last post on 8/13/10 at 11:33am in Poultry
- Dino bones and beer butt chicken Last post on 8/8/10 at 5:00pm in Beef
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
Sake smoked chicken with wasabi paste??post #1 of 58/22/10 at 9:51amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 58/22/10 at 3:45pmpost #3 of 58/22/10 at 4:05pm
Did you find a recipe somewhere? This sounds very interesting for sure - Not sure the effect of smoke and Wasabi as I have never tried it but I love Wasabipost #4 of 58/23/10 at 8:21amThread Starter
Here is the recipe I am thinking of trying
Steven Raichlen’s Sake Chicken
· 1 whole chicken
· 1 can (12 ounces) beer
· 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
· 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
· 2 teaspoons coarse salt
· 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
· 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
· ¾ C sake
· 2 strips of lemon zest
Lime Teriyaki Glaze: (to be served with chicken)
· ½ soy sauce
· 1 C sugar
· 2 cloves garlic (smashed)
· ¼ C lime juice
Preparation: Mix soy, sugar and garlic, and cook over medium heat in sauce pan, stirring often until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thick. Stir in lime juice until slightly thickened. Serve a room temperature. Follow basic prep and cooking instructions above.
Sounds interesting and will let you know how it turns out this week with some qviewpost #5 of 58/23/10 at 10:10am
Now it all sounds good but now you need to try it and then tell us and show us with the Qview and then we will know how it works. That's what we do here we all think about new ways and styles of smoking and grilling and then give them a try and report back here. This is a great place to try, share , and develop new ways and techniques
- Sake smoked chicken with wasabi paste??
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › What pellets with what food? 1 minute ago
- › Should you take the bark off wood 4 minutes ago
- › March Throwdown 6 minutes ago
- › Beef Ribs, Pork Belly and a Railroad Spike! 7 minutes ago
- › Anybody ever smoke a whole bone in ribeye as prime rib? 7 minutes ago
- › Are you ready to rumble!!!!! March 2017 Throwdown time!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Which stick burner to buy?? 9 minutes ago
- › should I preheat charcoals and save them for later use? 13 minutes ago
- › Go big or go home. First try at a fatty. 14 minutes ago
- › ham curing days set in stone? 22 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations