anyone ever tried doing the beer can chicken but with Sake instead of Beer? I am thinking of trying this as it sounds pretty interesting. It calls for using wasabi powder and sesame seeds with dark sesame seed oil. What are ya'll thought on this idea?
Related Forum Threads
- First Beer Can Chicken. (Suggestions?) Last post on 8/28/10 at 5:18pm in Poultry
- Beer can chicken Last post on 8/18/10 at 11:32am in Poultry
- prepping for beer can chicken Last post on 8/12/10 at 3:04pm in Poultry
- Beer Can Chicken and ABTs Last post on 8/13/10 at 11:33am in Poultry
- Dino bones and beer butt chicken Last post on 8/8/10 at 5:00pm in Beef
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Sake smoked chicken with wasabi paste??post #1 of 58/22/10 at 9:51amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 58/22/10 at 3:45pmpost #3 of 58/22/10 at 4:05pm
Did you find a recipe somewhere? This sounds very interesting for sure - Not sure the effect of smoke and Wasabi as I have never tried it but I love Wasabipost #4 of 58/23/10 at 8:21amThread Starter
Here is the recipe I am thinking of trying
Steven Raichlen’s Sake Chicken
· 1 whole chicken
· 1 can (12 ounces) beer
· 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
· 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
· 2 teaspoons coarse salt
· 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
· 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
· ¾ C sake
· 2 strips of lemon zest
Lime Teriyaki Glaze: (to be served with chicken)
· ½ soy sauce
· 1 C sugar
· 2 cloves garlic (smashed)
· ¼ C lime juice
Preparation: Mix soy, sugar and garlic, and cook over medium heat in sauce pan, stirring often until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thick. Stir in lime juice until slightly thickened. Serve a room temperature. Follow basic prep and cooking instructions above.
Sounds interesting and will let you know how it turns out this week with some qviewpost #5 of 58/23/10 at 10:10am
Now it all sounds good but now you need to try it and then tell us and show us with the Qview and then we will know how it works. That's what we do here we all think about new ways and styles of smoking and grilling and then give them a try and report back here. This is a great place to try, share , and develop new ways and techniques
- Sake smoked chicken with wasabi paste??
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Next! 2 minutes ago
- › PWE Pastrami Finally Done! The Slices and the Sandwich! 2 minutes ago
- › Brats and Kraut! 3 minutes ago
- › Brisket time! 6 minutes ago
- › Drying trees for smoking 6 minutes ago
- › Chile's Braised Squirrel 9 minutes ago
- › First full meal in the MES 20 minutes ago
- › Yeti Resting 20 minutes ago
- › Moved up, to Smoke Hollow 44 inch...with pictures 39 minutes ago
- › New member from Connecticut 45 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona