Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
Related Forum Threads
- Some help with Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Last post on 3/10/12 at 10:05am in Charcoal Smokers
- Pellets in a gas smoker?? Last post on 9/18/12 at 11:47am in Woods for Smoking
- Wood chip pan rusted Last post on 6/24/12 at 12:04pm in Propane Smokers
- Ribs on my homebashed weber 'smokenchamber' Last post on 9/7/10 at 11:53am in Pork
- Shelter for my smoker Last post on 2/8/16 at 11:58am in Charcoal Smokers
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
New Smoker - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I am not sure, I severed them with Tequila on the rocks.
Too funny - did you get the rocks off the hens and then to some tequila? Just askin
Well I just arrived back home from the store again and I've got another "Brisket" and I'm starting to fix up a marinade and put both in the refrigerator overnight and start in the wee hours in the morning. I made up a "marinade" and "Rub" that I got from the Jeff on his "ebasic course."
I just decided that if I had to make one for someone else, I might as well make one for myself too and I used the info I got from the short course and from some of stuff that you guys have put out and I'm anxious to see what happens.
... if you'r peeking, you aint cooking! lol
Once you get to where you trust your smoker and your abilities with maintaining temps it will get a lot easier to not peek. With my WSM now I light it and once it is up an running I walk away..... to the couch, with a cold beer, a bag of chips, the dog, and a game on the TV
Hogrider,one of the main ingredients of Smoking is "PATIENCE"
Let the heat get to temp.,put the Ribs in and sit back and sip a cool one
You may want to have a 'D-C'(designated cook);if your parties are like the ones my son and I have,you'll need one or a lot of meat will be a little toasty.(I say that from your screen name and past experience)LOL
Have fun and,
sorry it took so long to reply but i'm not on the outer unless i need help . blues and barbeque sounds way cool . yes I ride heritage softail classic. love blues and love ques.
First time to smoke anything..meats that is...smoked spare ribs using Jeff's rib rub...did everything according to Hoyle...225 for 6 hours with 170 Internal Temp...they were juicy, succulent and the best tasting ribs I ever ate...caught my wife knawing on the bone...
I spent all day and late into the evening but they both came out great. I kept the smoker between 200* and 215*. I'm going to try a pork loin next and maybe a couple racks of rib's, any suggestions for them for a first timer? Here are a couple pictures of my brisket's, the family loved them and man what a relief, I was sweatin it just a little.
frankiebones - I'm jealous! I have tried 4 times now and still can't get them to turn out right. Did the same thing basically. followed the 3-2-1 method and they turned out like leather. Looked great but dry and hard. I couldn't eat them, but had some buddies over that night and after enough beers, one of the guys ate them!
- New Smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Prime Rib 47 minutes ago
- › My new Akorn JR 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Weekend Success and still a day left!! 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Beef Ribs 3 hours ago
- › New guy! 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › 3 whole Chickens at once to much? 3 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Smoking Garlic Cloves 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Smokestack with no firebox 4 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt instructions 4 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › What's your favorite home cooked meal?? 5 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ