Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
Related Forum Threads
- Some help with Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Last post on 3/10/12 at 10:05am in Charcoal Smokers
- Pellets in a gas smoker?? Last post on 9/18/12 at 11:47am in Woods for Smoking
- Wood chip pan rusted Last post on 6/24/12 at 12:04pm in Propane Smokers
- Ribs on my homebashed weber 'smokenchamber' Last post on 9/7/10 at 11:53am in Pork
- Shelter for my smoker Last post on 2/8/16 at 11:58am in Charcoal Smokers
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
New Smoker - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I am not sure, I severed them with Tequila on the rocks.
Too funny - did you get the rocks off the hens and then to some tequila? Just askin
Well I just arrived back home from the store again and I've got another "Brisket" and I'm starting to fix up a marinade and put both in the refrigerator overnight and start in the wee hours in the morning. I made up a "marinade" and "Rub" that I got from the Jeff on his "ebasic course."
I just decided that if I had to make one for someone else, I might as well make one for myself too and I used the info I got from the short course and from some of stuff that you guys have put out and I'm anxious to see what happens.
... if you'r peeking, you aint cooking! lol
Once you get to where you trust your smoker and your abilities with maintaining temps it will get a lot easier to not peek. With my WSM now I light it and once it is up an running I walk away..... to the couch, with a cold beer, a bag of chips, the dog, and a game on the TV
Hogrider,one of the main ingredients of Smoking is "PATIENCE"
Let the heat get to temp.,put the Ribs in and sit back and sip a cool one
You may want to have a 'D-C'(designated cook);if your parties are like the ones my son and I have,you'll need one or a lot of meat will be a little toasty.(I say that from your screen name and past experience)LOL
Have fun and,
sorry it took so long to reply but i'm not on the outer unless i need help . blues and barbeque sounds way cool . yes I ride heritage softail classic. love blues and love ques.
First time to smoke anything..meats that is...smoked spare ribs using Jeff's rib rub...did everything according to Hoyle...225 for 6 hours with 170 Internal Temp...they were juicy, succulent and the best tasting ribs I ever ate...caught my wife knawing on the bone...
I spent all day and late into the evening but they both came out great. I kept the smoker between 200* and 215*. I'm going to try a pork loin next and maybe a couple racks of rib's, any suggestions for them for a first timer? Here are a couple pictures of my brisket's, the family loved them and man what a relief, I was sweatin it just a little.
frankiebones - I'm jealous! I have tried 4 times now and still can't get them to turn out right. Did the same thing basically. followed the 3-2-1 method and they turned out like leather. Looked great but dry and hard. I couldn't eat them, but had some buddies over that night and after enough beers, one of the guys ate them!
- New Smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Happy Birthday Cfarmer! 6 minutes ago
- › For those wanting a different door seal than a rope seal that won't... 9 minutes ago
- › bought a new Thermoworks toy 9 minutes ago
- › First Post: Smoked Top Sirloin w/ Q-VIEW!!!!! 11 minutes ago
- › Super stuffed Bacon wrapped poblano peppers! 12 minutes ago
- › Pimento wood 24 minutes ago
- › Sunday baby backs 41 minutes ago
- › PWE Pastrami Finally Done! The Slices and the Sandwich! 43 minutes ago
- › Yeti Resting 46 minutes ago
- › Insulate or not? 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona