Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
Related Forum Threads
- Some help with Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Last post on 3/10/12 at 10:05am in Charcoal Smokers
- Pellets in a gas smoker?? Last post on 9/18/12 at 11:47am in Woods for Smoking
- Wood chip pan rusted Last post on 6/24/12 at 12:04pm in Propane Smokers
- Ribs on my homebashed weber 'smokenchamber' Last post on 9/7/10 at 11:53am in Pork
- Shelter for my smoker Last post on 2/8/16 at 11:58am in Charcoal Smokers
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
New Smoker - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I am not sure, I severed them with Tequila on the rocks.
Too funny - did you get the rocks off the hens and then to some tequila? Just askin
Well I just arrived back home from the store again and I've got another "Brisket" and I'm starting to fix up a marinade and put both in the refrigerator overnight and start in the wee hours in the morning. I made up a "marinade" and "Rub" that I got from the Jeff on his "ebasic course."
I just decided that if I had to make one for someone else, I might as well make one for myself too and I used the info I got from the short course and from some of stuff that you guys have put out and I'm anxious to see what happens.
... if you'r peeking, you aint cooking! lol
Once you get to where you trust your smoker and your abilities with maintaining temps it will get a lot easier to not peek. With my WSM now I light it and once it is up an running I walk away..... to the couch, with a cold beer, a bag of chips, the dog, and a game on the TV
Hogrider,one of the main ingredients of Smoking is "PATIENCE"
Let the heat get to temp.,put the Ribs in and sit back and sip a cool one
You may want to have a 'D-C'(designated cook);if your parties are like the ones my son and I have,you'll need one or a lot of meat will be a little toasty.(I say that from your screen name and past experience)LOL
Have fun and,
sorry it took so long to reply but i'm not on the outer unless i need help . blues and barbeque sounds way cool . yes I ride heritage softail classic. love blues and love ques.
First time to smoke anything..meats that is...smoked spare ribs using Jeff's rib rub...did everything according to Hoyle...225 for 6 hours with 170 Internal Temp...they were juicy, succulent and the best tasting ribs I ever ate...caught my wife knawing on the bone...
I spent all day and late into the evening but they both came out great. I kept the smoker between 200* and 215*. I'm going to try a pork loin next and maybe a couple racks of rib's, any suggestions for them for a first timer? Here are a couple pictures of my brisket's, the family loved them and man what a relief, I was sweatin it just a little.
frankiebones - I'm jealous! I have tried 4 times now and still can't get them to turn out right. Did the same thing basically. followed the 3-2-1 method and they turned out like leather. Looked great but dry and hard. I couldn't eat them, but had some buddies over that night and after enough beers, one of the guys ate them!
- New Smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › MES40 Temp Inaccuracy Making Me Crazy 2 minutes ago
- › Pops6927's Wet Curing Brine 3 minutes ago
- › Checking in from Kentucky 6 minutes ago
- › The Forum is Getting an Upgrade! Moved to Monday, September 25th 7 minutes ago
- › Hello from Florida. 8 minutes ago
- › Did someone call Wellington 12 minutes ago
- › Just joined 12 minutes ago
- › Welding My Oklahoma Joe Fire Box At Home With A Hobby Welder 16 minutes ago
- › Intake issues with Oklahoma Joe's Highland 17 minutes ago
- › Chuck roast - thoughts on what went wrong? 20 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › How to choose a good gas grill
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy