Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
Related Forum Threads
- Some help with Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Last post on 3/10/12 at 10:05am in Charcoal Smokers
- Pellets in a gas smoker?? Last post on 9/18/12 at 11:47am in Woods for Smoking
- Wood chip pan rusted Last post on 6/24/12 at 12:04pm in Propane Smokers
- Ribs on my homebashed weber 'smokenchamber' Last post on 9/7/10 at 11:53am in Pork
- Shelter for my smoker Last post on 2/8/16 at 11:58am in Charcoal Smokers
I've had my Daniel Boone for 3 years or so. Smoked countless briskets, pork butts, turkey, tri tip, prime ribs, summer sausage, pepperoni, brats, jerky, fish....the list goes on and on. Always has...
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
New Smoker - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I am not sure, I severed them with Tequila on the rocks.
Too funny - did you get the rocks off the hens and then to some tequila? Just askin
Well I just arrived back home from the store again and I've got another "Brisket" and I'm starting to fix up a marinade and put both in the refrigerator overnight and start in the wee hours in the morning. I made up a "marinade" and "Rub" that I got from the Jeff on his "ebasic course."
I just decided that if I had to make one for someone else, I might as well make one for myself too and I used the info I got from the short course and from some of stuff that you guys have put out and I'm anxious to see what happens.
... if you'r peeking, you aint cooking! lol
Once you get to where you trust your smoker and your abilities with maintaining temps it will get a lot easier to not peek. With my WSM now I light it and once it is up an running I walk away..... to the couch, with a cold beer, a bag of chips, the dog, and a game on the TV
Hogrider,one of the main ingredients of Smoking is "PATIENCE"
Let the heat get to temp.,put the Ribs in and sit back and sip a cool one
You may want to have a 'D-C'(designated cook);if your parties are like the ones my son and I have,you'll need one or a lot of meat will be a little toasty.(I say that from your screen name and past experience)LOL
Have fun and,
sorry it took so long to reply but i'm not on the outer unless i need help . blues and barbeque sounds way cool . yes I ride heritage softail classic. love blues and love ques.
First time to smoke anything..meats that is...smoked spare ribs using Jeff's rib rub...did everything according to Hoyle...225 for 6 hours with 170 Internal Temp...they were juicy, succulent and the best tasting ribs I ever ate...caught my wife knawing on the bone...
I spent all day and late into the evening but they both came out great. I kept the smoker between 200* and 215*. I'm going to try a pork loin next and maybe a couple racks of rib's, any suggestions for them for a first timer? Here are a couple pictures of my brisket's, the family loved them and man what a relief, I was sweatin it just a little.
frankiebones - I'm jealous! I have tried 4 times now and still can't get them to turn out right. Did the same thing basically. followed the 3-2-1 method and they turned out like leather. Looked great but dry and hard. I couldn't eat them, but had some buddies over that night and after enough beers, one of the guys ate them!
- New Smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Pork butt timing and how to hold till serving 16 minutes ago
- › VacMaster DUO550 - seeking info...? 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Carnivores in Cali 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › TexMex snack sticks 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › UMAi Cacciatore 3 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › New guy from PA. Need some advice 3 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › What's your occupation? 3 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Just ordered Anova SV 4 hours, 1 minute ago
- › It is raining in California 4 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › What does it mean when a thread is Locked ? 4 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot