Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
Related Forum Threads
- Some help with Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Last post on 3/10/12 at 10:05am in Charcoal Smokers
- Pellets in a gas smoker?? Last post on 9/18/12 at 11:47am in Woods for Smoking
- Wood chip pan rusted Last post on 6/24/12 at 12:04pm in Propane Smokers
- Ribs on my homebashed weber 'smokenchamber' Last post on 9/7/10 at 11:53am in Pork
- Shelter for my smoker Last post on 2/8/16 at 11:58am in Charcoal Smokers
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
New Smoker - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I am not sure, I severed them with Tequila on the rocks.
Too funny - did you get the rocks off the hens and then to some tequila? Just askin
Well I just arrived back home from the store again and I've got another "Brisket" and I'm starting to fix up a marinade and put both in the refrigerator overnight and start in the wee hours in the morning. I made up a "marinade" and "Rub" that I got from the Jeff on his "ebasic course."
I just decided that if I had to make one for someone else, I might as well make one for myself too and I used the info I got from the short course and from some of stuff that you guys have put out and I'm anxious to see what happens.
... if you'r peeking, you aint cooking! lol
Once you get to where you trust your smoker and your abilities with maintaining temps it will get a lot easier to not peek. With my WSM now I light it and once it is up an running I walk away..... to the couch, with a cold beer, a bag of chips, the dog, and a game on the TV
Hogrider,one of the main ingredients of Smoking is "PATIENCE"
Let the heat get to temp.,put the Ribs in and sit back and sip a cool one
You may want to have a 'D-C'(designated cook);if your parties are like the ones my son and I have,you'll need one or a lot of meat will be a little toasty.(I say that from your screen name and past experience)LOL
Have fun and,
sorry it took so long to reply but i'm not on the outer unless i need help . blues and barbeque sounds way cool . yes I ride heritage softail classic. love blues and love ques.
First time to smoke anything..meats that is...smoked spare ribs using Jeff's rib rub...did everything according to Hoyle...225 for 6 hours with 170 Internal Temp...they were juicy, succulent and the best tasting ribs I ever ate...caught my wife knawing on the bone...
I spent all day and late into the evening but they both came out great. I kept the smoker between 200* and 215*. I'm going to try a pork loin next and maybe a couple racks of rib's, any suggestions for them for a first timer? Here are a couple pictures of my brisket's, the family loved them and man what a relief, I was sweatin it just a little.
frankiebones - I'm jealous! I have tried 4 times now and still can't get them to turn out right. Did the same thing basically. followed the 3-2-1 method and they turned out like leather. Looked great but dry and hard. I couldn't eat them, but had some buddies over that night and after enough beers, one of the guys ate them!
- New Smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Corned beef and hash 13 minutes ago
- › First brisket help 15 minutes ago
- › SOUS VIDE PASTRAMI, A FIRST FOR ME! 27 minutes ago
- › 2nd cheese smoke attempt 45 minutes ago
- › BACON (Extra Smoky) 49 minutes ago
- › New smoker from Taunton 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Rib Steaks in The Snow 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Hello from newbie in Portland, Oregon 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › New Member to the Smoking forum 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › 96x30" trailer build 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub