Sausage Grinder - Home MadeI use a grinder after hunting a few deer, and mixing deer meat with pork. Do not tell the OSHA safety inspectors about this, but here goes:
- Purchase a large hand grinder. Remove the handle.
- Place a wheel on the grinder (about 10 inches)
- Get a referigerator motor (up to 2 HP) with a small wheel.
- Purchase one belt to fit grinder and motor
- Mount grinder and motor on 10 x 2 board about 4 feet long.
- Adjust to provide the appropriate tension on the belt.
- Get the kids, dog, and especially your wife out of the way.
- Do not wear a tie or other loose clothing. Do wear shorts.
- Turn it on. Give this thing your full attention
- Drop meat in grinder (mixing both deer meat and pork)
- Catch in large bowl
- Add seasoning
I have never been able to "choke" this grinder. It is not pretty, but it works.