1. What type of charcoal do you use? I've read a post where someone mentioned Walmart/Sam's brand worked pretty well. Do I need to get the fancy wood stuff, or will briquettes work?
2. Do you break up the charcoal before adding it?
3. Do you light the charcoal before adding it?
4. Do you continue to add charcoal throughout the smoking process?
5. Do chunks work better than chips when using a little charcoal?
I'm really excited about my new smoker, but I need to get more smoke flavor in the meat. I don't think the element alone is enough to produce the kind of smoke flavor I want. Any advise from all you smoker pros would be greatly appreciated.