- 2,147 Posts. Joined 10/2009
- Location: Belgium
- Points: 16
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MES 40 - Troubleshoot cause of temp reading on display higher than actual temps Last post on 7/20/16 at 2:19pm in Electric Smokers
- Anyone had to purchase a replacement door for an MES 30" Son killed mine... Last post on 4/26/14 at 9:44am in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Smoker -Is a single, double, or quad burn most recommended for hot smoking in MES 40? Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:55pm in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Dust - Opinion on all around best wood dust in 5lb bag size? Last post on 12/19/11 at 11:45pm in General Discussion
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 6/12/16 at 8:49pm in Electric Smokers
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
Cart Modification for MES. Nice! - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
This is my first electric smoker in over twenty years. It's going to be a fun ride. I'm looking forward to y'alls help and mod info.
My patio and deck are not covered, and I don't have a garage (carport). My outbuilding is stuffed with tillers, mowers, tools, and the like. It was getting really tiresome bear-hugging the MES all over trying to find its "spot".
Today we were at Lowe's shopping for a coat rack for the entry way to the house. We found what we wanted and then just cruised down the aisle browsing, and then a light from the heavens shown down upon a package that solved my problems. A package of four swivel casters, two with locking wheels. The stem diameter and threads seemed to be right, and you can always bring them back, so I took the plunge. We ran home and took off the stock feet and low and behold, the casters fit perfectly! They are 4" diameter, steel stem, and a 500# rating. I couldn't be happier. Best of all, the price is $19.97. I highly recommend this mod to any new MES owner. The carts are great, but for we, the economically challenged, this is the bomb. Here is the link:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_1513-80752-LO%2B552_0_?productId=3101539&Ntt=real%20organized &Ntk=i_products&pl=1¤tURL=/pl__0__s?Ntk=i_products$rpp=15$No=60$Ntt=real%20or ganized
I have several of these carts that I got from Sam's, and I bought them especially for my smokers. I found out the hard way, they will rust, even with wax applyed. There is no way I know to protect them from rusting.
I bought the same Smoker and the same cart from Sam's. The only differences are I used the 1st rack to hold all my wood chips, and the 2nd rack to hold the smoker racks, and the 3rd rack holds the smoker.
Oh yeah, I have a BMW and a Kawasaki in the garage instead of a Harley)))
Eh it is in the OP?
Great idea. Even though my MES 40 has wheels, I like that this cart raises the whole unit up, so less bending down. The side shelves are great too. I got mine at Sam's too so I'll check there for that cart. Thanks.
Unfortunately, I did the same thing...or so I thought...bought the MES 40 at Sams and thought the cart was the same from 09 from this post. The cart measured wide enough and was $59 with a 500lb weight limit. The cart does NOT fit the MES 40. It is too large to fit in-between the posts and is much smaller than the one originally in this post. I can't even cut the posts down to make is usable, just wasted $59. This is totally on me, should have been able to figure it was not going to fit.
Okay, please disregard my previous post. The error was completely mine and I ordered the wrong one! There are more than one cart available at $59 with a 500lb limit. The one you want is the same number listed. Sorry I screwed this up. Of course I have to take mine back and try to get the right one!
- Cart Modification for MES. Nice!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Babybacks 8 minutes ago
- › Smoked a couple birds. 13 minutes ago
- › Mushroom Swiss Buffalo Burger & Steak Fries 16 minutes ago
- › First full meal in the MES 16 minutes ago
- › CSR's On The Kettle !! 17 minutes ago
- › My first belly bacon 21 minutes ago
- › New member 22 minutes ago
- › Tri-Tip 27 minutes ago
- › Hello all. 30 minutes ago
- › Info on Rec Tec Mini 36 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ