Removed some paint today. Lumpy was a bit anxious over the whole process, but I assured him he would soon have a nice black finish:-)
Also, I installed a new latch design to hold the door shut, its simply a t-handle with 1/4-20 threads that screw into the main tank holding the door. There is a dual purpose for this latch, if it is screwed in before the door is closed, then it will hold the door open for grilling and start-ups for better airflow.
Also, I have made the chimney removable for now, notice the set screw inside that clamps it in place. I am not sure if lumpy will be shipped, so I want to reduce the bulky-ness just in case.
All that is left is to devise a stand or even some small feet so that Lumpy can be a table top Smoker. Maybe an upper cook grate too, and maybe propane, but I am trying to keep costs down:-)