Now, for the perfect hard boiled egg to go inside of the fatty, read on.
1. Add as many eggs as you would like to a pan and add cold water until the eggs are covered with an inch of water.
2. Put the pan on the stove and run at high heat until the water begins to roll to a boil.
3. Remove the pan from the heat. And I don't mean, just kill the burner and leave the pan on it. Take the pan completely off the burner, or move it to a rack on the counter. But leave the eggs in the water.
4. Set a timer for 10 minutes and wait. (or drink a beer if it is after 7 AM)
5. About 7 minutes into it, get a bowl and add enough ice and water to fully cover the eggs.
6. After your 10 minute timer goes off, move the eggs into the ice water with tongs. Don't you dare pour the hot water into the ice water bath. Move the eggs one by one into the ice water.
7. Set another timer for 5 minutes. (drink another beer)
8. After 5 minutes, peel, salt and bite. The yellow yolk will be a sunshine gold and won't be chalky and hard at all. You will wish you had read this years ago!
Now, I can only imagine what an egg cooked this way would taste like inside of the fatty's above. That my friends, would be heavenly! In fact, in October I am cooking breakfast for my work, maybe Scottish Eggs (or Prison Balls if you don't slice the egg and wrap it instead in the fatty) will be on the menu!