- 1 Post. Joined 1/2014
- Location: New Hampshire
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- cooking for 55 questions Last post on 9/21/10 at 5:45pm in Catering & Large Group Gatherings
- Where are the leftovers???? Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:58am in Beef
- Question: Most Handy BBQ Gadget/tool Last post on 11/22/11 at 4:58am in Smoking Gadgets and Tools.
- Honky Tonk Pig rubs and sauces Last post on 8/8/10 at 9:24pm in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
- Looking for a Savory Sauce Last post on 8/5/10 at 6:25am in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And ProcessLast edited: 9/22/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
- Finishing Sauce For Brisket By Ranger72Last edited: 4/28/11
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
FINISHING SAUCE (for Pulled Pork) - Page 20post #381 of 4662/9/14 at 11:17amI tried this finishing sauce on a Boston Butt last Sunday. My wife's reaction to trying it was so overwhelming that I thought she was lying (to make me feel good) until my son tried it and said it was the best pulled pork he had ever had. When I finally gave it a shot it was AWESOME. Thanks for posting it!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #382 of 4662/11/14 at 7:15pmpost #383 of 4662/13/14 at 2:51pmpost #384 of 4663/8/14 at 4:04pm
I would like to try this with a pork butt I am gonna smoke tomorrow I tried to pull some pork butt with some bear claws and it was very hard to do what is the recomended temperture for pulling porkpost #385 of 4663/8/14 at 4:37pmQuote:
Most pull it at 200, wrap it up and let rest an hour or two.
Quick question..... how many pounds of PP does this recipe cover? Is this a standard amount that you would use for a 8-9 lbs pork butt?post #386 of 4663/9/14 at 2:52pm
Thanks Jeff tried it on my first pulled pork boston butt I'm a star now :) Everyone loved it warmed up to melt the sugar went to take a big whif wow it took my breath away lol I live little south of you is there any throw downs in So Fl the one up north fl so far awaypost #387 of 4663/15/14 at 9:50ampost #388 of 4663/16/14 at 4:02ampost #389 of 4663/21/14 at 8:54am
Finally did my first butt on the smoker. I've only been smoking meat for right about one year and never done a pork butt. Also, being from South Texas, not a fan of things with a vinegar base. I made this sauce just like the directions called for but doubled it. Took my goodies to our friends house and fed six people. Wow, if you have not made this "special sauce", make it and try it. It's awesome. I'm not even a fan of vinegar but wow, this is some good stuff.Thanks to the OP for posting this.post #390 of 4663/21/14 at 9:45ampost #391 of 4663/21/14 at 1:33pmpost #392 of 4663/21/14 at 5:01pmpost #393 of 4663/23/14 at 2:59pmpost #394 of 4664/16/14 at 12:39pmHi Jeff,
Just wanted to let you know your post was well worth it! My entire family and myself thoroughly enjoyed our pulled pork after an 11 hour smoke. Delicious my good sir!!post #395 of 4664/18/14 at 10:48pmI'm not a big fan of vinegar , cole slaw or BBQ sauce (in general). I do inject though.
I just pull the pork and pour the juices from the foil over it. "On to a bun and done" for me.post #396 of 4664/21/14 at 2:13pmLove the finishing sauce I just pourd it all on my oulled pork butt and I have tryed it with out it but everybody seems to think its better not sure if I was suppose to use all the sauce or just put a little and let people put there own on?post #397 of 4667/8/14 at 8:00pmI am going to give this a shot for the kids birthday party. Do you let the sauce cool before applying to the freshly pulled pork? Also you just generously spread and mix in the pulled pork once it's shredded ? Sounds awesome can't wait to trypost #398 of 4667/9/14 at 7:14am
I'd make the sauce ahead of time and let it sit, melding the flavors together. Eastern NC bbq sauce is a very similar sauce, i make mine a week ahead and sit it on the counter. At least once a day i'll go by and give it a good shake. Just about any NC BBQ joint you go into will have this type sauce on the table at room temp. to add to your pork if you want it. The flavor gets better with age.post #399 of 4667/12/14 at 9:33ampost #400 of 4668/26/14 at 9:14amQuote:
Did you ever get an answer to your question? I was wondering the same thing. I cooked 2 - 10lb butts a couple of weeks ago and used about 1 1/2 times the recipe. Turned out pretty good.
- FINISHING SAUCE (for Pulled Pork)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
- › Chicken wings in the new MB elite 7 minutes ago
- › Lavatools Javelin- 25% off at Amazon 11 minutes ago
- › Reverse seared TriTip and mashed butternut squash 12 minutes ago
- › Anaheim ABT"s with Bacos for extra bacon 15 minutes ago
- › Meat, Cats, and Guns oh my. 16 minutes ago
- › What's your occupation? 23 minutes ago
- › My First Smoke. 29 minutes ago
- › How long to cure? 30 minutes ago
- › Do you double check your meat probe temp? 34 minutes ago
- › Is the Sodium Phosphate necessary in a Bologna/Olive Loaf recipe? 37 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman