or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › My first attempt at a butt.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My first attempt at a butt.

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
So I was up at 4:30 am and had it on by 5:30. Rubbed with yellow mustard and "sweet rub o mine". It is a six pounder and so far everything is going as planned. I believe the Lang smoker makes this much easier. It is ridiculously predictable. This pic was athe about the half smoke point. I'll post more of the finished product.
post #2 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat peeker View Post

So I was up at 4:30 am and had it on by 5:30. Rubbed with yellow mustard and "sweet rub o mine". It is a six pounder and so far everything is going as planned. I believe the Lang smoker makes this much easier. It is ridiculously predictable. This pic was athe about the half smoke point. I'll post more of the finished product.

 

Ha!! And here I thought you were having the Breakfast of Champions at 5:30 AM.

 

I'm in.  I'm always in for a pork butt.

 

Gary

post #3 of 16
That's a great start. I'm waiting on the finished pics.
post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
Here you go!
Bonus bark for dad!
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Definitely worth the early Saturday alarm. I can't keep the kids away from the pan! A good problem to have.
post #6 of 16
Looks like it turned out pretty good. Always a good sign when you can't keep the kids out of it.
How big is your Lang?
post #7 of 16

That is an awesome smoke, regardless of being your first butt!  points1.png

 

Mike

post #8 of 16
Great looking pp!
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcookin View Post

Looks like it turned out pretty good. Always a good sign when you can't keep the kids out of it.
How big is your Lang?
It's a 36. I got it a couple of months ago. A quality machine is so much easier to put out a good product than the disposable ones. Worth the money for sure.
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5051 View Post

That is an awesome smoke, regardless of being your first butt!  points1.png
Thanks Mike! My first point too! You rock!
Mike
post #11 of 16
You know it's a winner when the kids can't get enough. Nice job!
post #12 of 16

Great job!

 

Points for a successful first try at PP!

 

Al

post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post

Great job!

Points for a successful first try at PP!

Al
Thanks AL! All the great information on this site certainly helps.
post #14 of 16

Hey, MP, congrats on a first butt!

 

Disco

post #15 of 16
Looks awesome and great smoker, heard nothing but good things about lang.
post #16 of 16

Points for sure!

 

I wish i had done my first Butt on a lang 36.

 I got one (my avatar) for valentines and i love her almost as much as the lady who gave her to me!

Great Machine and good looking Q!

 

Happy Smoking,

phatbac(Aaron)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › My first attempt at a butt.