Not smoked but if you had a big enough DO, like a 14", or 16" you could do this in it.
1. Spatch a chicken. Season under skin with lemon zest, fresh thyme and fresh rosemary. Season all surfaces of the bird with SPOG. Place on a rack over a drip pan and allow bird to air dry overnight in fridge. (If you don't have time prepare the bird while oven is preheating. Use a hair dryer on low to dry skin).
2. Put enough olive oil in a 12" CI pan or 14"-16" DO to cover the bottom. If using pan place in cold oven. Preheat oven or DO to 425.
3. Once preheated if using pan remove from oven. Place chicken in pan skin side down for 5 minutes.
Same for DO remove lid, and put chicken in skin side down. After five minutes flip chicken over. If using pan place back in oven. DO replace lid. Set timer for 20 minutes.
4. Probe breast and thigh at 20 minutes. Depending on temp probe every 10-15 minutes until you reach an IT of 165.
5. Remove from heat and rest 20-30 minutes. Slice and
The Sous Chef was on top of the veggies.
Dry skin chicken.
Preheated and ready to remove.