Both doors have now been installed.
This is where we are at as of today. Both doors, the trays, and the fire doors on both ends have been completed.
I have added pins to hold the door and the damper in place during transport. Sorry the black paint does not show them that well in this pic, but it was needed to prevent rust. This will all look a ton better once the finished smoker is painted.
I have added hold down angle iron on the ends so that the trays will be able to slide out and be held in place and not fall when pulled out to service the meat. I still have to make the handles for the trays, but that is an easy job.
I have started on the internal fire pits, but I do not have pictures of them yet. Basically I have welded a piece of angle iron inside as the main structural part of the fire pit, and have cut a piece of expanded metal to fit the bell on the bottom so that we have a level place to put our wood/charcoal. I should have pictures of it in a couple of days.
I still have a lot of small items to finish up. Things like; door latches, smoke stack, bottom clean out door, and several other small items...
This smoker is going to have a customer trailer. I will be building that next. It will have a stainless drawer cook station on the backside of the cooker, and a wood storage area as well. I have to have this build completed in the next couple of weeks because it is going to be used for my daughters wedding, that date is set in stone, and so Dad has to get this completed ASAP!
Stay tuned I will have a lot more pictures of this build coming up very soon.