Just joined SMF a week ago, and I already have had many people reach out to me about the proper methods for smoking a small cut of Brisket. This forum is a great resource! So want to thank everyone for the guidance. After getting some great advice, I figured i would give it another shot and document my brisket this morning.
- Injected with mixture of beef broth, worcestershire, garlic powder and onion powder. Let it simmer, then strained it. then injected brisket
- applied yellow mustard and covered my 2.5 pound brisket with a mesquite based dry rubbed (A1 mesquite) bought at the store.
- Let it sit in the frig for 7 hours
- Going in! At 225-230
- Water pan half full with apple cider vinegar
- 50/50 spilt with wood chips of hickory and cherry wood
Will post updates throughout this process!