or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Reheating frozen pulled pork in oven...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reheating frozen pulled pork in oven...

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

I need suggestions to reheat without  a smoker.  I'm making a about 6 butts for a friends grad party, but I am going to be out of town.  So I will be smoking them a week ahead of time, then freezing for them to reheat in the foil pans.

 

Suggestions on reheating frozen butts in an oven?  (since they don't have a smoker)

 

Dan

post #2 of 8

My preferred methods are as follows (in order):

 

1. Vacuum sealed and reheated in boiling water

2. Reheating in a crock pot

3. Reheating in an oven.

 

If you have to use an oven, make sure you pull before freezing and add some liquid to it prior to reheating so it doesn't dry out. I would look for a good finishing sauce recipe or if you wrap in foil you can collect and defat the drippings to use when reheating. 

post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaddox View Post

My preferred methods are as follows (in order):



 



1. Vacuum sealed and reheated in boiling water



2. Reheating in a crock pot



3. Reheating in an oven.



 



If you have to use an oven, make sure you pull before freezing and add some liquid to it prior to reheating so it doesn't dry out. I would look for a good finishing sauce recipe or if you wrap in foil you can collect and defat the drippings to use when reheating. 


 



I 2nd this it works great with no moisture loss. (Vacuum sealed and reheated in boiling water)

Zug
post #4 of 8

The PP needs to be thawed first, otherwise by the time it is thawed , it will be dry however you re-heat .

 

The Vac and Boil is the best ( with a bit of the drippings) .

 

Hope we have helped , and let us know how it was when you do.

 

Have fun and . . .

post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
I appreciate the input. I like the vacu seal plan, except doing it with enough pork for 200 might be a bit much, thus the oven.

Any thoughts on Temp and time to reheat a steam tray pan full in the oven?
post #6 of 8

I don't have a vac-seal set up (yet) but I reheat frozen pulled pork rations in the crockpot. I just add a bit more finishing sauce so it doesn't dry out.

 

Oven- I'd put in a foil pan, cover with tinfoil, add some sauce. Set oven at 275 for about 45 minutes.

 

Edit: oven thing is for your amount. Crockpot may not be applicable in your quantity, unless you/they got a bunch of crocks.

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwolfpak View Post

I appreciate the input. I like the vacu seal plan, except doing it with enough pork for 200 might be a bit much, thus the oven.

Any thoughts on Temp and time to reheat a steam tray pan full in the oven?

 

If you are talking a hotel type pan,  place the desired amount of meat in the pan, cover first with shrink wrap then the lid.  Let it set in a warm oven set at 160° - 170° for a couple hours.  It will be heated well through in that amount of time and the moisture will be retained with no burning.

 

Tom

post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T 59874 View Post

If you are talking a hotel type pan,  place the desired amount of meat in the pan, cover first with shrink wrap then the lid.  Let it set in a warm oven set at 160° - 170° for a couple hours.  It will be heated well through in that amount of time and the moisture will be retained with no burning.

Tom

Thanks Tom, that's more the info I was looking for. Usually I serve hot outta the pit after a good rest and pull, but that won't work this time. Appreciate all the input guys.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Reheating frozen pulled pork in oven...