or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › chicken n cabbage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

chicken n cabbage

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Took some breasts and cut slits in it and put my cb in the slits. Seasoned with some Mad Hunkys.

IMG_20150328_163451335_HDR_zps7wuhk5pn.jpg

Fried up some cb and chopped fine to add to the cabbage. Wife made a oil mixture to drizzle over top.

IMG_20150328_162331840_HDR_zpsprsinvpw.jpg

Then into the mini. I love having 2 cooking grates.

IMG_20150328_170938857_HDR_zpswccxxofy.jpg

Took the IT of the chicken to 170.

Melt some cheese and you have supper.

IMG_20150328_194614116_HDR_zpspd26s22w.jpg

Cabbage is super tender.

IMG_20150328_194150105_zpsxtytyhu6.jpg

And a good lookin bite.

IMG_20150328_194655332_zpstomrjapl.jpg

Thanks for lookin
post #2 of 18
Those breasts look great. I love the idea of slicing them and stuffing with cb. How easy or difficult was it to get an IT with those thin slits?
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
I just ran the probe through the bottom of the breasts. They wasn't cut and I took the temp higher to make sure they were done.
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

I just ran the probe through the bottom of the breasts. They wasn't cut and I took the temp higher to make sure they were done.
Smart. I have future plans for these now😉
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Be sure to post the cook.
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

Be sure to post the cook.
Sure will. I'll even credit your post for the recipe. Btw, what cheese did you top them with?
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Provolone
post #8 of 18

Good job.  Looks great, You did fix me a sandwich ??

 

Gary

post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post

Good job.  Looks great, You did fix me a sandwich ??

Gary

Thanks Gary. Sorry, I only made 2 of them. No left overs.
post #10 of 18

That Bacon on the Cabbage looks great , with this Colostomy  can't do Gassy food anymore...:icon_cry: and I love Cabbage and Beans and  .  .  .

post #11 of 18

Great looking stuff there farmer. I always forget how good cabbage is. I am making a plan for tomorrow so hmmmm.....

post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolbbq View Post

That Bacon on the Cabbage looks great , with this Colostomy  can't do Gassy food anymore...icon_cry.gif  and I love Cabbage and Beans and  .  .  .


Thanks. I am paying for it now. Must be my old age.



Quote:
Originally Posted by timberjet View Post

Great looking stuff there farmer. I always forget how good cabbage is. I am making a plan for tomorrow so hmmmm.....

Thanks timber. We eat alot of cabbage.
post #13 of 18
Nice & tasty lookin meal Adam ! That's awesome.....

beercheer.gif
post #14 of 18

Looks good C-man.

 

Did you precook cabage in any way? Parboil or nukeage? Or just roll in foil and put on the grill.

post #15 of 18
Looks tasty Adam! Nice Smoke!
post #16 of 18

Great looking plate - nice job

 

DS

post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 
Thanks guys
post #18 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post

Looks good C-man.

Did you precook cabage in any way? Parboil or nukeage? Or just roll in foil and put on the grill.

Just cut, put in foil then grill. They were on around 2 hours
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Poultry
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › chicken n cabbage