Originally Posted by dougmays
Since this is our biggest attendance it probably is a good idea to have atleast a "loose" menu for food as others have previously brought up. Let's start that discussion here and i'll post the final plan on the first page of this thread.
Thursday - approx 7-8 attendees
- Beer Can Chickens (Keith - 2, I can also donate another 2 from my freezer if we need more)
Friday (The jerky and cold smoking day?) - approx 10-12 attendees
- How about we bring fixins for fancy smoke sandwiches (smoked turkey sliced up? French Dip? Pastrami sammies? thoughts?)
- Maple Bourbon Ham (Keith)
- Smoked Baked Bean (I can do this or if the award winning Don @OrlandoSmoKing want to take the lead on it he can)
- Smoked/Grilled Chicken wings (doug)
Saturday (The Main day) - approx 20+ attendees
- Sausage, Eggs and pancakes (keith, I can also donate so more eggs since we have alot of people coming)
Lunch - Alot of the time this time of the day we are snacking on various things being cook, so maybe we dont need a lunch plan?
- Whole Pig Pickin'
- Corn bread casserole
I may have missed some stuff that others said they would bring, please let me know if i did. Once we have a better idea of a finilzed menu i'll post in the first post so its sticky. Also things i put above can be moved around if it makes more sense.
I've never been a big breakfast person so my idea for dishes are limited but i have no problem donating ingrediants for anyone who wants to do a dish. I can even bring my DO if we need more room for cooking
For jerky - I'l bring a bunch of my marinage ingredients so we shouldn't run out but if we do we can do a store run
Cold Smoking - I'll pick up some cheese from Sam's club to bring down and cold smoke on Friday. If anyone wants to bring more last year we put a bunch on my smoker and let a couple A-maze-N smokers go for a few hours, cheese came out great! i'll bring my vacuum sealer as well.