or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Kielbasa, My First Effort
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kielbasa, My First Effort - Page 2

post #21 of 33

Well done, Disco!  My first try at most things rarely turns out that good...     :points: for such a great first effort!

 

 

Red

post #22 of 33
Very nice Disco............... The kielbasa looks awesome. at least you wont have any vampire problems in your area.....lol But you might have to fight off Dave...lol
post #23 of 33
Looks perfect!! I know what you mean about wanting to improve upon it, but you owe yourself a pat on the back for an incredible first effort. And kudos for having patience with the peanut gallery. It's attitudes like yours that keep this place friendly and (mostly) free from the mean spirited crap.
post #24 of 33
454 / 2 = 227 gr.
post #25 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Very nice thread Disco, this I have to try ! Looks awesome ! icon14.gif

Thanks, Justin. It is tasty.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerregis View Post

Great looking eats.Check your metrics.Half pound should be 284g.

Thanks, tigerregis. In all conversions to metric, the usual conversions aren't exact. For example 1 cup is considered about 250 ml. It is actually 236 ml, a 6% difference. Or 1 kg is converted at 2 pounds. It is actually 2.2 pounds, a 10 % difference. In a recipe like this, approximations are fine as there is no cure involved.

 

Disco

post #26 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenRed View Post
 

Well done, Disco!  My first try at most things rarely turns out that good...     :points: for such a great first effort!

 

 

Red

Thanks, Red. I was impressed by how well it turned out. The lessons learned here sure helped!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boykjo View Post

Very nice Disco............... The kielbasa looks awesome. at least you wont have any vampire problems in your area.....lol But you might have to fight off Dave...lol

Thanks, boykjo. Unfortunately, I also don't have to fight of the missus after eating this.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdboatbum View Post

Looks perfect!! I know what you mean about wanting to improve upon it, but you owe yourself a pat on the back for an incredible first effort. And kudos for having patience with the peanut gallery. It's attitudes like yours that keep this place friendly and (mostly) free from the mean spirited crap.

Thanks, MD. It is easier to take criticism when you have lots of faults!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post

454 / 2 = 227 gr.

Thanks,Dave.

 

Disco

post #27 of 33
Disco, I accept that and appreciate recipes are subjective and open to fiddling. Except for cure is not. You're welcome and offer my thanks for not thinking it was cricism.
post #28 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerregis View Post

Disco, I accept that and appreciate recipes are subjective and open to fiddling. Except for cure is not. You're welcome and offer my thanks for not thinking it was cricism.

I always appreciate others input, please don't stop!

 

Disco

post #29 of 33

Great looking sausage, Disco. Now I'm hungry. :sausage:

post #30 of 33

Hey Disco, fine job, that's another thing on my list Looks Fantastic  "My sample on the way" ?

 

 

Oh Yeah ------------  points1.png

 

Gary

post #31 of 33
Looks great Disco! Kielbasa is a favorite!


Smoke away!!!
post #32 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewmeister View Post
 

Great looking sausage, Disco. Now I'm hungry. :sausage:

Thanks, chewmeister.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

Hey Disco, fine job, that's another thing on my list Looks Fantastic  "My sample on the way" ?

 

 

Oh Yeah ------------  points1.png

 

Gary

Thanks for the point, Gary. As for your sample, they all seem to disappear clearing customs.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Looks great Disco! Kielbasa is a favorite!


Smoke away!!!

Thanks, Case. Still so much to try.

 

Disco

post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
 

Thanks, chewmeister.

 

Thanks for the point, Gary. As for your sample, they all seem to disappear clearing customs.

 

Thanks, Case. Still so much to try.

 

Disco

Always seems like a problem with my samples

 

Gary

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Kielbasa, My First Effort