or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Recipes Only › Desserts › Banana Whole Wheat Bread ~ Foamheart
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Banana Whole Wheat Bread ~ Foamheart

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 

Its ucky today so decided to stay in, cook a gumbo and fix something sweet.

 

This is the most delicious banana bread you ever tasted. I dust it with a bit of Powdered sugar, or drizzle a small bit of the "Light Grade A" on the bottom of the plate you put a slice down on.

 

Its so simple, its not overly sweet, and its a delight with some cafe du lait.

 

Recipe?

 

Whole Wheat Banana Bread

 

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon honey
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons buttermilk
4 mashed bananas
1 cup nuts chopped

Directions:


Sift dry ingredients (the first 6), set aside. Beat eggs, oil, buttermilk, Bananas, Honey, and Steens. Combine wet and dry, add nuts if you must. Pour into a buttered loaf pan, bake at 325 degrees for Approx.1 1/2  hours. You know how to check for doness. Break off  that broomstraw.

Cool 10 mins, loosen sides and turn out.

 

Oh and its tastes better than my poor attempt at photography shows.

 

 

Excellent with a cup of coffee.

 


Edited by Foamheart - 2/1/15 at 3:31pm
post #2 of 26
Thread Starter 

post #3 of 26

Oh my... Very cruel due to your buddy is on a low carb diet.  Can I smell french toast from tomorrow morning? Mrs' BD won 3rd place at the South Dakota fair on her banana bread when she was just a kid.  Ask me how many times she's made banana bread in the 34 years of marriage,  Gahead... Ask me.  b

post #4 of 26
That bread looks great. I love banana bread.
post #5 of 26
Tasty looking banana bread Kevin! Take a couple slices, slice a chunk of ice cream and stick that between the slices throw it in the freezer for about thirty minutes and you'll have a great ice cream sandwee!!!
post #6 of 26

That looks good!

Happy smoken.

David

post #7 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSkelly View Post
 

Oh my... Very cruel due to your buddy is on a low carb diet.  Can I smell french toast from tomorrow morning? Mrs' BD won 3rd place at the South Dakota fair on her banana bread when she was just a kid.  Ask me how many times she's made banana bread in the 34 years of marriage,  Gahead... Ask me.  b

 

Case would want me to do banana bread french toast ice cream sandwichs..... <Chuckles>

 

<In my best naive and innocent voice>

 

Gee Brian who many times has your bride made banana bread for you in 34 years of marriage? ( I can't believe it, she must have been a child bride).

post #8 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

That bread looks great. I love banana bread.

 

I hate to throw away old bananas so I always pitch 'em in the freezer. And since its Whole Wheat (but still tastee), its good for you! The whole wheat destroys all the fat calories.

post #9 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Tasty looking banana bread Kevin! Take a couple slices, slice a chunk of ice cream and stick that between the slices throw it in the freezer for about thirty minutes and you'll have a great ice cream sandwee!!!

 

Yes, yes, yes...... I know make a sandwich....... LOL. I am starting to see a pattern. No dishwasher? LOL

post #10 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

 

Case would want me to do banana bread french toast ice cream sandwichs..... <Chuckles>

 

<In my best naive and innocent voice>

 

Gee Brian who many times has your bride made banana bread for you in 34 years of marriage? ( I can't believe it, she must have been a child bride).

1. That make our friend Case a very very wise man.

2. Zero. Zip. Nada.

b

post #11 of 26
Dang Foam, now I want banana bread ! I'am just thinkin of a warm slice of that bread with a couple pats of butter & a cup of coffee ! drool.gif
post #12 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by themule69 View Post
 

That looks good!

Happy smoken.

David

 

Thanks Mule.

post #13 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSkelly View Post
 

1. That make our friend Case a very very wise man.

2. Zero. Zip. Nada.

b

 

Let me guess, a rookie slip of the tongue during the first years?

 

Thats why my Mom never made my Pop's favorite Pecan Pie for him. He (Thinking himself cute) told her after the first pie , which didn't set, todl her just to keep trying and someday she'd get as good as her mother. ROFL

post #14 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Dang Foam, now I want banana bread ! I'am just thinkin of a warm slice of that bread with a couple pats of butter & a cup of coffee ! drool.gif

 

Well I have to say, I like the banana bread best about 10:00 w/ coffee ( it doesn't ruin the coffee being overly sweet), AND the chocolate cake anytime I walk by it...  We've gone thru a gallon of milk in a day.

post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

 

Well I have to say, I like the banana bread best about 10:00 w/ coffee ( it doesn't ruin the coffee being overly sweet), AND the chocolate cake anytime I walk by it...  We've gone thru a gallon of milk in a day.


HooWeee I hope youre keeping up with your walking! Might want to double time it so long as that cake is around.

th_HaHa7_ani.gif

post #16 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSkelly View Post
 


HooWeee I hope youre keeping up with your walking! Might want to double time it so long as that cake is around.

th_HaHa7_ani.gif

 

I walk out to the golf cart!

post #17 of 26
Deep fried, Wheat banana bread french toast ice cream SANDWEE's topped with butterscotch and smoked pralines! Oh yeah!
post #18 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Deep fried, Wheat banana bread french toast ice cream SANDWEE's topped with butterscotch and smoked pralines! Oh yeah!

 

One word........ Caramel w/sweetened whipped cream, sprinkles & a Cherry!

post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post

One word........ Caramel w/sweetened whipped cream, sprinkles & a Cherry!

We both forgot the crumbled bacon candy on top!
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post

Yes, yes, yes...... I know make a sandwich....... LOL. I am starting to see a pattern. No dishwasher? LOL

You know that Case use to live in the Sandwich Islands!

At my last house I had some apple bananas and Chinese banana trees. Apple bananas tasted better but the Chinese bananas were an amazing little tree that would routinely put out 100 lbs of fruit from a stalk that was six feet high!!! Lots of banana smoothies and bread...

No banana trees now though! Anything that a cow will eat I can't grow... I had some papaya trees behind my house and the cows didn't eat them but my horse did!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Desserts
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Recipes Only › Desserts › Banana Whole Wheat Bread ~ Foamheart