or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Cold Smoking › Bacon › Canadian Bacon Dry Cured (Step by Step)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Canadian Bacon Dry Cured (Step by Step) - Page 9

post #161 of 174
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by basher View Post


I cured a small pork loin to try this out and the outside is kinda brown and inside pink should I he worried? Loin was Froze for awhile I just grabbed it outtakes the freezer to try this out


No worry,

That's just from air getting to it. They all get that way.

 

Now if that color was the opposite----Brown in the middle & red on the outer part. That would mean the cure didn't get to the center (brown part).

 

Bear

post #162 of 174
Thanks bear, I'll get to seasoning and throw it in the fridge overnight.
post #163 of 174
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by basher View Post

Thanks bear, I'll get to seasoning and throw it in the fridge overnight.


That's Great !!

 

Just PM me if you run into a question, so I don't miss it.

 

 

Bear

post #164 of 174


Sad size loin but looks delicious.
post #165 of 174

Used Bear's Canadian Bacon recipe Cured for 10 days fried test on day 11 and Smoked..Don't think you can find a better Canadian recipe it turned out perfect..

 

post #166 of 174
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pignut hickory View Post
 

Used Bear's Canadian Bacon recipe Cured for 10 days fried test on day 11 and Smoked..Don't think you can find a better Canadian recipe it turned out perfect..

 

Nice Job Pignut !!!Thumbs Up

 

I'm real glad you like my CB Step by Step!!!

 

Keep up the Great Work!!

 

Bear

post #167 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

Bear that is another Great step by step. I wish I could get TQ here without driving 40 miles 1 way.
points.gif
Amazing how things are available or not around this huge nation. Most major grocery chains here have TQ right there next to the Kosher and Pickling salts.
post #168 of 174
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyMose View Post


Amazing how things are available or not around this huge nation. Most major grocery chains here have TQ right there next to the Kosher and Pickling salts.


Exactly!!

Even here TQ is scarce.

We use 3 different Grocery Chains here, and none of them have TQ. My Son gets it for me at another store where they do their shopping.

 

 

Bear

post #169 of 174
Bearcarver taking loin out of freezer this is my next project thanks
post #170 of 174
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggie View Post

Bearcarver taking loin out of freezer this is my next project thanks


That's Great !!

 

Any Questions on my Step by Step, send me a PM, so I don't miss it.

 

 

Bear

post #171 of 174

I am on my 9th day of curing, getting excited. Have some ribs in the fridge for your bacon on a stick, thought i had something like it , when i was stationed in Willow grove PA, but cannot remember. we shall see.

post #172 of 174
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBoy402 View Post
 

I am on my 9th day of curing, getting excited. Have some ribs in the fridge for your bacon on a stick, thought i had something like it , when i was stationed in Willow grove PA, but cannot remember. we shall see.


That's Great, Billy!!!

 

Bacon-on-a-stick is one of my Favorites---Mighty Tasty Stuff!!!

 

 

Bear

post #173 of 174

Thanks Bear, I did it and it was veeeery good.

Points to you.

 

   Ed

post #174 of 174
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearjammer View Post
 

Thanks Bear, I did it and it was veeeery good.

Points to you.

 

   Ed


Thank You Ed !!

 

Real Glad you enjoyed it !!

 

And Thanks for the response & the Points!

 

 

Bear

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Bacon
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Cold Smoking › Bacon › Canadian Bacon Dry Cured (Step by Step)