Since this is basically a smoking forum and there is not a spot for Crock Pot Cooking I figured I would post this here, these are just too easy not to try.
- 2-3 lb loin crosshatched
- 3 thick onion slices
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery with leaves
- 1/3 cup of Creole Butter (Recipe Here)
- 1/3 cup of Red Hot (more can be added after cooling to tweak)
- 1/3 cup of Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 tablespoon of Rub
Next time I make this I am going to use 1 cup of blue cheese dressing.
- Shred and cool a bit to reabsorb the liquid.
- Serve on potato rolls or Toasted Garlic Bread.
This can be taken a step further by using in your favorite Buffalo Chicken Dip, just use the pork in place of the chicken and cut back on the hot sauce a bit. Make sure to really shred the pork. Don't have a favorite recipe? Try this.
Heat pork and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks, crackers, or your favorite dip chip
- Packaged and ready for the freezer to be vacuum sealed later
- Double Sealed, Labeled and ready for the freezer.
- Stacks nicely in the freezer, I like square sealed foods these can be stacked neatly in the corner of my chest freezer. I made the bags a few extra inches long so I can snip off the seal remove the product snap off a piece, place unused portion back in the bag and reseal. These are portioned for 5-6 people.