or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Electric Smokers › Masterbuilt did it again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Masterbuilt did it again.

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Well, yesterday I mixed up three pounds of hamburger and one pound of breakfast sausage with all kinds of goodies in it and made two meatloafs.  Put them in the Masterbuils 30" with my AMNPS and smoked at 225+ until done all the way through.  My smoker...well...it just did fine.  No problems, temp prob that is built is is still crap, no fried wires, nothing exploded...it just worked.

Anyone else smoke and have no problems?

 

P.S.  Sorry for stirring the pot but I am happy with my cheap smoker.

post #2 of 7

Good for you. Thee are lots of happy MES user's Just know it's limitations and smoke.  Jted

post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbones View Post
 

Well, yesterday I mixed up three pounds of hamburger and one pound of breakfast sausage with all kinds of goodies in it and made two meatloafs.  Put them in the Masterbuils 30" with my AMNPS and smoked at 225+ until done all the way through.  My smoker...well...it just did fine.  No problems, temp prob that is built is is still crap, no fried wires, nothing exploded...it just worked.

Anyone else smoke and have no problems?

 

P.S.  Sorry for stirring the pot but I am happy with my cheap smoker.

"Sorry for stirring the pot but I am happy with my cheap smoker." That's funny, Ibbones. I also called my MES 30 cheap and got good-naturedly chastised for it. Like you, I love my Masterbuilt. I've owned the MES 30 Gen 1 (the bare bones digital model) for over two years and just this past year I was finally putting out some consistently great Q to finally feel I just about know what I'm doing.

 

I've got the AMNPS and the Maverick ET-733 which make smoking totally fun. Really like your burger/breakfast sausage meatloaf mix. I might try that base myself and see what I want to add to it. And that's also what I love about home smoking.

post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 

:yahoo:Happy dance going on right now.  Smoked my small turkey today for CHRISTmas and man...it looks good.  My smoker did what it is supposed to.

post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbones View Post
 

:yahoo:Happy dance going on right now.  Smoked my small turkey today for CHRISTmas and man...it looks good.  My smoker did what it is supposed to.


Cool! Did you use a rub? What type of wood pellets did you use? How long did you smoke it and at what temp?

post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by daRicksta View Post
 


Cool! Did you use a rub? What type of wood pellets did you use? How long did you smoke it and at what temp?

I had a bird under 9# in brine for about 15ish hours then took it out and rince it off real well.  Set it on the rack and then on a pan and placed it in the fridge overnight to dry off a bit.

Next day I put hickory pellets in my AMNPS and lit them up while I pulled the bird out and stuck it all in the MES and waited.

Yummy bird.

post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbones View Post
 

I had a bird under 9# in brine for about 15ish hours then took it out and rince it off real well.  Set it on the rack and then on a pan and placed it in the fridge overnight to dry off a bit.

Next day I put hickory pellets in my AMNPS and lit them up while I pulled the bird out and stuck it all in the MES and waited.

Yummy bird.


Sounds totally deelish. The one time we brined our Thanksgiving turkey it came out too salty. I do think now that we forgot to rinse off the bird.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Electric Smokers
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Supplies & Equipment › Electric Smokers › Masterbuilt did it again.