WoooHooo! This made the carousel
December 12, 2014
Kudos goes to Scottie Johnson from Chicago. Scottie is on a Championship Barbecue team named CancerSucksChicago.com (Removed link due to forum rules) if you use this recipe, stop by and thank him, better yet, hit the Donate Button and make a donation. I just did and it only takes a second using PayPal.
- 1 can beer of choice
- 1 pound butter (I used unsalted because this will be added to the Franks and the wings seasoning is salty as well)
- 1 tablespoon Big Time BBQ Rub (I used Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (I used 1.5 tablespoon paprika)
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground white pepper (omitted due to cost)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (No salt added)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard (I used 1.5 tablespoon dry mustard)
- 1 tablespoon freshly and finely ground black pepper (I used 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
Melt the butter in saucepan and add the beer and spices. Mix well. Let cool.
Directions for injecting;
- Warm the Creole butter and add 1 cup of creole butter to 2 cups of Room Temperature Franks Red Hot.
- Fill the injector, Place wings in a bowl and inject over a larger Pyrex type dish.
- Inject wings, smaller amounts in several places works best.
- Add some blue cheese and chopped celery to the drippings from the injection and add more marinade if needed. Coat wings liberally
- Dust lightly with Mad Hunky or Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning, place back in dish.
- Cooked over fire or Cook in the oven at 325°+, these took about an hour.
I made two batches of these, one was "Mad Hunky" and the other was "Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning" and Brown Sugar.
For milder wings, use 2 parts creole butter to 1 part Red Hot and cut the Mad Hunky Hot Whang Rub in half or third with brown sugar
- Creole/Brown Sugar
- "Scarbelly, Creole Bone Sucking Wings" on the Schwenker.
- "Scarbelly, Mad Hunky Bone Sucking Wings" in the oven.
These truly are amazing, I am not one to give into all the hype, so I had to try these on my own, give it a shot, you won't be sorry!
Edited by SQWIB - 12/18/14 at 6:21am