or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Rainy Day Off...Beef Ribs it is!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rainy Day Off...Beef Ribs it is! - Page 2

post #21 of 34

My ribs are hurting from hunger pains seeing these Great job

Richie

post #22 of 34
Love it,just brilliant. Beef ribs such a great cut to start ,just got better as you smoked it.
post #23 of 34
Thread Starter 
Thanks everyone for the kind words! I wish could have emailed you all a sample haha. When the technology gets to that point, this site will reach its full potential hahah
post #24 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktogthr View Post

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I wish I could have emailed you all a sample haha. When the technology gets to that point, this site will reach its full potential hahah--------And we'll all reach our full belt length !!!

 

 

Bear

post #25 of 34

Terrific smoke, great looking ribs and nice qview. Great thread, Sir.

points1.png

 

Disco

post #26 of 34
I love beef ribs also. They are so expensive though. I also agree that SPOG is perfect on meat. Plus my Dog likes the bones!

Nice Qview. Thanks for sharing.
post #27 of 34
Thread Starter 
Thanks again everyone! Around here the short ribs are expensive but the beef back ribs that I smoked in this thread are always on sale for between 1.99 and 2.99 because they are the result of making boneless rib eyes and prime rib roasts. This one particular supermarket near my house leaves so much meat on the top of the bones and has thick cut rib eyes on sale all the time which is probably why they are so meaty on the sides as well. Look out for these whenever prime rib or rib eyes are on sale!
post #28 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktogthr View Post

Thanks again everyone! Around here the short ribs are expensive but the beef back ribs that I smoked in this thread are always on sale for between 1.99 and 2.99 because they are the result of making boneless rib eyes and prime rib roasts. This one particular supermarket near my house leaves so much meat on the top of the bones and has thick cut rib eyes on sale all the time which is probably why they are so meaty on the sides as well. Look out for these whenever prime rib or rib eyes are on sale!

 

Great Tip !!!

 

Bear

post #29 of 34
Very nice and like Bear said, thanks for that tip!
post #30 of 34

They look out of this world !!!

post #31 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post

Great Tip !!!

Bear

Bear, the only reason I even knew the back ribs were from the rib roasts was from one of your posts so thank you again! In fact haha we might have discussed this whole prime rib sale equals cheap beef ribs before. It might even be your tip! So I can't take credit haha
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktogthr View Post


Bear, the only reason I even knew the back ribs were from the rib roasts was from one of your posts so thank you again! In fact haha we might have discussed this whole prime rib sale equals cheap beef ribs before. It might even be your tip! So I can't take credit haha

 

LOL---I know exactly how it went:

 

I said I get my Rib Bones by buying the Prime Rib on sale, and having them cut the bones off & give them to me separately, so I can smoke the Prime Rib to 137*, and I can smoke my Rib Bones longer.

 

Then you said to look for the Rib Bones on sale before or after the big Ribeye Sales. 

 

Your way would be cheaper because my way the bones are the same price as the Prime Rib-----$4.99 to $6.99.

 

So you gotta take some credit !!:rules:  LOL

 

Bear

post #33 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post

LOL---I know exactly how it went:

I said I get my Rib Bones by buying the Prime Rib on sale, and having them cut the bones off & give them to me separately, so I can smoke the Prime Rib to 137*, and I can smoke my Rib Bones longer.

Then you said to look for the Rib Bones on sale before or after the big Ribeye Sales. 

Your way would be cheaper because my way the bones are the same price as the Prime Rib
$4.99 to $6.99.

So you gotta take some credit !!Rules.gif   LOL

Bear

Hahah yes, now it's coming back to me. Makes me wish I had some prime rib in the freezer. I'm all out and I need a big sale!
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktogthr View Post


Hahah yes, now it's coming back to me. Makes me wish I had some prime rib in the freezer. I'm all out and I need a big sale!

 

I think my timing is about right. 

 

I think I have 2 Boneless PRs left @ about 5 or 6 pounds each.

 

And Christmas week isn't far away.

 

 

Bear

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Rainy Day Off...Beef Ribs it is!