or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Grilling Chicken ›  Sometimes you gotta Wing it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sometimes you gotta Wing it.

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Injected with a jerk based bbq sauce, seasoned, and sauced baked on with fire at the end of the cook.

 

 

 

 

 

Here's the process.

 

Added a little water and simmered

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #2 of 12
Thread Starter 

Jamaican style aint too bad with blu cheese dressing. 

post #3 of 12
Tasty looking Wangs!
post #4 of 12

Looks great to me!  I love jerk seasoning!!!

post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BArnold View Post
 

Looks great to me!  I love jerk seasoning!!!

Me too, i'm addicted..lol

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Tasty looking Wangs!

Thanks Case.   Got my new favorite way of doing wings....HANDS DOWN!       I figure i can easily fit 50 on...more if i push it and it's way easy to paint a sauce on while it's spinning. 

post #6 of 12

Great cook! I suspect there are no wings left?

 

Disco

post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
 

Great cook! I suspect there are no wings left?

 

Disco

Ahhh!    Thanks for reminding me!    I have a bunch de thawed that i need to cook.    I was planning on doing some buffalo and maybe some teriyaki.... unless someone can think of another flavor besides teriyaki. 

post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIsmoker View Post
 

Ahhh!    Thanks for reminding me!    I have a bunch de thawed that i need to cook.    I was planning on doing some buffalo and maybe some teriyaki.... unless someone can think of another flavor besides teriyaki. 

 

Plain wings with lots of Louisiana Wing Sauce!

post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIsmoker View Post
 

Ahhh!    Thanks for reminding me!    I have a bunch de thawed that i need to cook.    I was planning on doing some buffalo and maybe some teriyaki.... unless someone can think of another flavor besides teriyaki. 

If I may suggest sweet chili wings. I have never done them in a smoker but they will be my next wing effort.

post #10 of 12
Give this Vietnamese BBQ sauce a try. Traditionally it is used to marinate pork shoulder for Bahn Mi. I've used it on thighs and it is fantastic!

Thit Xa Xiu 5-Spice Barbecue

2 cloves garlic minced and mashed
1/2 ts five spice powder
1 ts sugar
2 ts toasted sesame oil
1.5 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs ketchup
2 tbs honey
3 tbs hoisin sauce

If you have the whole spices omit the five spice. cinnamon, cloves, fennel, star anise, and Szechwan peppercorns. Toast these in a skillet till charred then add to the sauce.

Simmer everything for a good 20 minutes.

Using this method you can strain easier for injecting and you get better flavors.
post #11 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Give this Vietnamese BBQ sauce a try. Traditionally it is used to marinate pork shoulder for Bahn Mi. I've used it on thighs and it is fantastic!

Thit Xa Xiu 5-Spice Barbecue

2 cloves garlic minced and mashed
1/2 ts five spice powder
1 ts sugar
2 ts toasted sesame oil
1.5 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs ketchup
2 tbs honey
3 tbs hoisin sauce

If you have the whole spices omit the five spice. cinnamon, cloves, fennel, star anise, and Szechwan peppercorns. Toast these in a skillet till charred then add to the sauce.

Simmer everything for a good 20 minutes.

Using this method you can strain easier for injecting and you get better flavors.

Thanks Case, we have a international grocery and oriental groceries, I'll see if i can find some of those ingredients. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
 

If I may suggest sweet chili wings. I have never done them in a smoker but they will be my next wing effort.

Sounds great Disco!

post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIsmoker View Post



Jamaican style aint too bad with blu cheese dressing. 

Sure looks tasty Keith, nice job man ! I'd have no problem makin a bunch of them disappear ! biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Grilling Chicken
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Grilling Chicken ›  Sometimes you gotta Wing it.